“Terrible Customer Service and Unprofessional Staff”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible Customer Service and Unprofessional Staff”
Reviewed October 8, 2005

Our son lives in Columbus Indiana so we are here frequently. We took my elderly parents along and chose this hotel because it was new and seemed a nice place for them to stay. This hotel is a customer service nightmare. First of all their room was not made up the 1st night so we called down for service when we returned that night. The clerk Jason was extremely rude ,said there was nothing he could do about it and that if we needed towels my elderly parents should come down and get them. He practically threw the towels at me and said if we didn't like the service to get the heck out of here. The next morning we went to pick up my elderly parents and found them locked put their room at 9:45am. We went to the front desk again the a clerk named Nicole was working the desk. We told her of our problem and she issued new keys. We took them up and still could not access their room. We went back to the desk,told them of this and the clerk was nasty and very unprofessional,saying that if we wanted to make a complaint the manager wouldn't care because her family owned the hotel and wouldn't do anything about it anyway. We travel on average 12 times a year and have never encountered this level of poor service, I don't know if this is a reflection of all Sleep Inns or just this particular one but I will be telling everyone I know about this atrocious behavior.Please dont"t stay here unless you want to be treated rudely and with disregard for your comfort.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2005

We've stayed in many Choice Hotels--mostly Sleep Inns--and this one was the best by far. The lobby was attractive, and the continental breakfast had a good assortment (lots of carbs like pastries, muffins, and bagels but also fruit, oatmeal, and yogurt). The rates were very reasonable, especially considering that it's close to Nashville, a big tourist area that commands much higher prices for its motels and b&bs. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank jblwright
Gardendale, Alabama
Reviewed August 23, 2005

We stayed here as a stop in between Chicago and Birmingham. My daughter is a Tony Stewart fan and she wanted to stay in his home town of Columbus to sight see. When we first pulled up we noticed several people just sitting out in the parking lot on towels and just standing around talking. They were there most of the night and made me feel very uncomfortable and worried about my vehicle. The room was very large but the bathroom was unorthodox for a "family" hotel. There was a sliding door and only a shower. We could not give kids a bath and they kept getting stuck in the bathroom because they could not work the door (age under 7). The indoor swimming pool was a hazard. We left the pool after 5 minutes because the kids were getting hurt falling on the floor after getting out of the water (and I almost did). That floor was slippery when wet and very dangerous. Plus the pool was a little green and greasy looking. The lake out back was nice and the kids enjoyed throwing do-nuts to the huge fish. Overall nice place just not kid friendly in my estimation. I had the impression of a long term rental hotel with the folks hanging out in the parking lot and the old couple walking the hallways all night. Very uncomfortable and would not stay here again. But did love the town. Very nice.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank carol41363
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 26, 2004

Just returned from another stay in the Columbus Sleep Inn and Suites and it was as always ---- top notch!
This is one of the cleanest, well-run small hotels that we have stayed in ------ always stay here when we are in the area. Currently is beautifully decorated for the holidays ------ staff is very attentive and caring.
Breakfast buffet is very good and the serving area is kept immaculate.
Highly recommend this establishment!

7 Thank Baley
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 5, 2004

I arrived in Columbus for a job interview and stayed here. I arrived before noon and the room I had originally booked would not be ready until later that afternoon.
Desk Clerk checked with her superior and I was given the LARGE meeting room.
I would have taken anything they could give me after driving 700 miles from NC, but they insisted I take it. Very comfortable bed. Slept real well that night and was
very prepared for the job interview. Wonderful inexpensive restaurant close by.
Finding the entrance to the Sleep Inn the first time was a little tricky. Would would here again no problem.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 26, 2003

Columbus Sleep Inn is a newer hotel type three story lodging place,
Extremly hard to locate drive into faciilty !! Second row location behind restraunt.
Just a stone throw east i=of I-69 on HiWay #46 and on drivers right if eastbound.

Cont breakfast, elevators, large rooms, pleasent staff ! Very clean and airy !
Rear rooms over look four acre manmade lake and a commercial shopping area under development.

Roadside rooms might be a bit noisy ? Restraunts of all kinds very close nearby.

Recomended highly !!

7 Thank mary s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
No photo provided
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#4 of 10 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside? Share your experiences!