“Great Stop for an Overnight Stay”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was driving south on I-65 looking for a hotel for the night and got off on the exit in Columbus, IN. There were many hotels in the area. Although this hotel wasn't not my first choice, the first hotel I checked on availability told me they were sold out and recommended me to try the Sleep Inn & Suites.

Nice size room with two queen beds. Had a refrigerator which is always a plus. Free internet and parking. Not much to do in the area, but good for an overnight stay and there are a few local restaurants near by. Clean room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights for the Indiana hoosiers versus the Iowa hawkeyes football game. We loved the location of the hotel, because it was close to bloomington, the outlets, and of course Nashville Indiana. We had a very nice room just for the two of us and the hotel itself had been newly renovated so that was another plus. The hotel had all alot of restaurants and gas stations around it so that was nice also. We didnt get to use the pool but it looked like it was in good condition. We would definitely stay here again because of the location and for the room price that we paid.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I spent one night here while making my way south. The hotel is located just east of I-65 at hwy exit #68. The place was recently remodeled and looks fantastic. The room was clean, modern and inviting. Great comfortable bed,32 in. flat screen tv,microwave and fridge in the room as well. Fitness center, an indoor heated pool and a dry heat sauna are also at the hotel but I didn't use any since I arrived later at night.The hotel is also smoke free and includes a great morning breakfast. Lots of dining choices within walking distance. I had a great stay and will gladly come back to this hotel the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel is very modern and clean. All amenities are provided, along with breakfast, newspaper, free Wi-Fi, business room, etc. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I will be staying there again when I am in the area. I go to this area for Business many times a year.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter and have a view of the "lake" (more of a big pond)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Columbus Sleep Inn & Suites. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean, A/C superb and not overly loud, beds were very comfortable and bedding was fresh and neat. There were plenty of towels and washcloths, and stocked with usual toiletries. The room had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, iron and board, as well as a hair dryer: all in perfect working order. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone, and will definately stay here again if I am in the area. Kudos..... : )

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Beabout222, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our newly renovated, award winning Sleep Inn & Suites. We work very hard to keep our hotel clean and comfortable and affordable and our guests feedback is invaluable to us.

Thanks, again. We appreciate it!

Regards,

Sharon Beabout

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Bottom line, I think hotels in Columbus are very high priced for the area.
Otherwise, clean, remodeled and friendly staff.
Will stay here again for a lower price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place has great rooms, great prices and I hope it stays that way. Close to the interstate, good overall location for doing business in the area. Internet was good, not great, but it was a full house and likely a high percentage business travellers. When I checked email first thing in the morning, it was very fast. I have stayed at this hotel more than once and will stay again. It is very much worth calling ahead since they do sell out, even mid-week. recently remodeled and the rooms were very well lit and lots of outlets. nice desk and chair which made working on a laptop much easier.
Sharp people at the front desk, very helpful with suggestions for places to eat and visit while in town. Even the people working the breakfast buffet were friendly and helpful. Like all the hotels in this chain they have breakfast buffet included with the room -- and a morning newspaper. If you need a serious coffee fix in the morning there is a Starbucks right across the parking lot. Great place to stay, great room prices which is a big part of the reason to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Nashville
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside? Share your experiences!