Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbus Hotel(Columbus)
Residence Inn Columbus(Columbus)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanreservation servicewater runrenovated hotelindoor poolshower stallenjoy your staychoice hotelsdesk areathe wi finight's restpublic areasfit the billfrom chicagoking suitegreat rate
Reviewed November 24, 2007

This was our second trip to the Sleep Inn in Columbus, IN (first trip was in April 2007). We were happy with our stay once again. The staff is always incredibly accommodating. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. They do need to fix the locks on the bathroom doors, however. The pool is small, but heated nicely. There is not a jacuzzi, but there is a sauna.

The free continental breakfast is not fancy, but it has something for everyone: cold cereal, fruit, low carb yogurt, bagels, toaster waffles, donuts, apple and orange juice, coffee. They keep everything well stocked. The eating area is quaint with a TV and view of the lake behind the hotel (which is very pretty).

We loved how close everything was to us. Starbucks is literally a couple hundred feet from the hotel. Dimitris restaurant has outstanding food (and Dimitri is very friendly). There is a Menards, Wal Mart Super Center and other places that are all within a quarter mile.

Columbus is a beautiful area that more people should take the time to discover. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2007

Stayed at the Sleep Inn Columbus, IN, in Nov 2007.

The hotel was very clean, with modern rooms and with a friendly reception. The continental breakfast buffet was fine also.

Note that "suite bedrooms" with a "sitting area" are just one large room.

Hotel website map shows incorrect position of hotel (as also did our GPS unit), the hotel is 1/2 mile EAST of I-65, directly behind the Shell Gas Station (Shell sign is visible from the highway).

The adjacent Dimitris restaurant is also recommended for casual American dining. The town of Columbus is a nice little town featuring some great architecture (tours are available).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Stay clear of the Sleep Inn & Suites in located at 2335 Jonathan Moore Pike, Columbus, Indiana. Around 10:00pm, 10/27/07, there was a loud bang against our window and then a shatter! We thought that someone was breaking in. Needless to say we were all freaked out and nervous at that point and there were no other rooms available. The General Manager verbally confirmed over the phone that we would be refunded our Saturday night stay and a "one free night" upon checking
out in the middle of the night. So after quickly packing, 5 ladies - one with a high risk pregnancy, two who are in their upper 60's, myself mid 30's and my terrified 12 year old niece) we made the 3 1/2
hour trip back home in the middle of the night, something we would have neverdone. Imagine our surprise to discover later in the week that the Sleep Inn & Suites not only charged us for both nights, they
also charged us an unauthorized $150.00 for the window that they
said we broke! The GM called us a liar and said she would see us in court and then proceeded to hang up on us! She accused us of breaking
the window because "I don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that we most have done it since it was a double-pain window!" I have never in my life been more insulted and treated so rudely! And I
have more than 9 years in the customer service field! This reflects how poorly this franchisee is operated and I encourage everyone to avoid this hotel at all cost!!!! Please do not stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank kjewing
Reviewed June 15, 2007

I had recently moved to Columbus, and looking for an apt, and decided
to stay for one night, even though I paid more during the Formula 1 race -- $115.

As I have stayed in enough hotels, I requested for milk, and the manager was so rude, she told me I can go out and buy milk, and that my insistance on milk was a request she had never heard of before. I also told her that I am allergic to the creamers, and would like to use the milk, and she said the milk they have is only for breakfast, and I said why did you keep a coffee pot in the room and no milk, she said that's not her problem, the guests can drink black coffee.

I was very unhappy with the treatment at a HOSPITALITY business, esp. at Sleep Inn!

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank moi4airy
Reviewed March 30, 2007

We stayed here en route to a Southern destination. Very conveniently located off I-65. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and roomy. Showers were very roomy. We asked for rooms on the same floor and were given connecting rooms, which not all newer hotels have anymore. Both our rooms had small refrigerators and microwave ovens. Toilet and shower were in the bathroom, sink was out in the room.

The breakfast was average. Doughnuts and pastries were the "packaged grocery-store" type. Apples, bananas, oranges, hard-boiled eggs, etc. The coffee was good. There was a Starbucks accross the parking lot for those who like Starbucks.

We will definitely stay here again.

We had some extra time so explored downtown Columbus--what a great little city. If you have time, go to the Visitor's Center and watch the 15 min. video--world renowned architects singing the praises of the architecture in Columbus, very interesting driving (or walking) tour. There were also some great-looking restaurants in the downtown area, but we didn't have a chance to try any of them.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family