“Very loud”

The Garage
Ranked #19 of 143 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Low-key 21+ bar & grill offering tap beers, homey comfort fare, live music, trivia & karaoke nights
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very loud”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Ate here as part of a large business group. We had a room to ourselves, but it was still quite loud. The service was quite good considering the size of our group (30+). The menu is extensive and I heard no complaints about any of the food. Parking is on the street, and was difficult to find even on a Wednesday early evening. This is not somewhere I would return on my own, but since my company paid for it, I really can't complain.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gibb88

Greenwood, Indiana
“Great Find in a small town.....”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great Atmosphere, clean and convenient get to. Staff was very friendly! Menu was surprising, offering your traditional bar food but so much more. We had the firecracker shrimp as an appetizer which was amazing along with the Homemade Kettle Chips with crumbled blue cheese...all I can say is Yum!
Everyone at our table had something different with no complaints. My husband had the Brisket sandwich with the sweet potatoes fries everyone was raving about and was not disappointed. I choose the grilled salmon and steamed veggies which I highly recommend. The beer drinkers were impressed with their selection and the bartender knew how to make the perfect martini. If you are looking for a locally owned business and not the traditional chain..Great place to experience the home town flavor.

• Visited July 2014
Hope, Indiana
“Treated Horribly by Bartender”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We visited this establishment on a work outing. Within minutes of getting to the venue (mind you we had been there several times) we were told first we had to order food (which we had already told the waitress we would to bring the menu) or we had to separate the table because we were taking up "space they could be making money on", then one of the mentally disabled members of our party was threatened by a bartender if we didn't order (but refused to give us a menu) and then we were told we would have to leave all together if we didn't order. We had been there 11 minutes. We had had enough time put two tables together put in a song request, say hi to a couple of people and get back to the table. We had ordered drinks. We really felt that we were singled out as the place was fairly empty and there were several "regulars" were drinking nothing but water. I contacted them in writing to which we received no response and talked to the manager there who promised we would get a return phone call. Never happened and we will never go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Travelbug4574
Muncie
“Nothing special, but fine”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The food was fine (and the outdoor seating was great) but nothing really memorable. Salads were on the small side.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mary K
beachlover8307
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Went there for lunch with a group and had "The Natural" wrap and sweet potato fries. Some of the best sweet potato fries I've had. The wrap was very good too. I'll definitely go back!

• Visited May 2014

Been to The Garage? Share your experiences!