“Pretty typical Courtyard”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Pretty typical Courtyard”
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We spent Saturday night of this past weekend at this Courtyard. We knew of the location of this motel so I called while on the road - it was 9:30 pm and were told we were lucky because they just had 2 rooms left. We took one and got a decent rate.

We arrived at 10:30 and there was a gentleman ahead of me at checkin that had just stopped to see if they had anything available. He was told "we just have 2 rooms" - I'm standing there wondering how there could still be 2 rooms if I just took one?? As the checkin was being completed the staff person says, "Wow that was our last empty room, I thought we had 2." So I interrupted, concerned that our room had just been given to this person. I asked if that meant I didn't have a room and the reply was, "I hope not." Not very reassuring!

We did get a room but I feel certain they were overbooked. There was just one person working the desk to handle all check-ins, phone calls, wake up call requests, and housekeeping requests. This was Memorial Day weekend as well as Indy 500 weekend, which fills all hotels in the area at that time. There was a need for at least one more staff person for that whole weekend.

I felt like the room was clean enough and they have improved the beds and pillows recently. The towels were a little lacking in size and texture.

Be careful at breakfast - what used to be a free breakfast in the lobby now has a charge to it if you want the warm food choices. But there is no one there to tell you that when you seat yourself, fill your plates, and make your own toast or waffles. That is a ripoff. No where was there a sign letting you know about the cost to eat. Next time I will go to Bob Evans for less money!

There is one computer and printer to use at no cost for Internet access.

Nothing above average, OK to stay for a night's sleep while traveling.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank 2Babydolls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

This bathroom floor was dirty. Scummy, blotchy thick dirt like this did not happen over night. These floors are not being cleaned. It was horrible. Capets were dirty, too. Used to be you could rely on the name "Marriott" but no more. We've stayed at cheap hotels with nicer rooms, better amenities, and, MOST IMPORTANT, much cleaner. Marriott should revoke their license. What a black mark on this hotel chain.

Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Brown County Inn
Brown County Inn
#2 of 7 in Nashville
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh

Been to Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes? Share your experiences!