“Fabulously friendly staff aiming to please!”

Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 27, 2009

The hotel has some age on it, but enjoyed our stay. Had a few problems, but the staff was very helpful and worked hard to make our experience pleasant. The upgraded bedding was extremely comfortable. Complimentary fresh coffee, flavored water, and cookies were continuously available in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2009

I had a good stayed. I stayed on the 1st floor. The bed was very confortable and neat. The bathroom was clean. I like the internet and the staff was very polite and attentive with my needs. I will make The Marriot my hotel everytime i come to Columbus for business. The only let down was the breakfast. It is NOT free and then you have to make your own waffles aand serve yourself, I mean if someone is going to pay they should bring everything to your table. Other wise it should be free, next time I will go to Dennys near by I think it will be better.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank workandwork
Reviewed January 1, 2009

The hotel as a Marriot location is a real letdown. The room is no better than a Best Western, SleepInn, DaysInn, or Knights Inn. If you're looking for value and quality stay at the Best Western Horizon in Taylorsville where you get a hot breakfast for free or the Sleep Inn and suites in the same area as the Courtyard(within a half mile). The rooms are as nice in quality and size and you'll get better housekeeping and amenities. Management seems to be a bit more competent at either of the two also. I have stayed at all three and out of them I would rank them as follows: (1) Best Western Horizon Taylorsville(2)Sleep Inn and Suites of Columbus (3) Courtyard by Marriott in Columbus.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank INDrick
Reviewed December 3, 2008

In my view, the hotel has a don't care attitude. The staff are very friendly until an issue arises, and then it is a different matter. I had a recent experience of this when I last stayed at this hotel.
A personal toiletry item of mine went missing from the bathroom and has since cost nearly $100 to replace.
I called and wrote a letter to the manager requesting an investigation into the matter, but I was completely ignored. There have been no replies by phone or letter, no investigation, and no apology for my loss. It would appear that the disappearance of my belongings is of no interest to the management of this hotel.

When I stay in a hotel with the Marriott name behind it, I expect a certain standard of service, and I expect a problem to be addressed and not ignored. In my opinion, this hotel is not worthy to be a part of the Courtyard/Marriott group.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank roundabout100
Reviewed April 4, 2008

The hotel is pretty much a regular Courtyard by Marriott. I paid $98 ($109.76 with taxes included) for one weekday night in early April. Nothing really special, pretty much what you would expect at a Courtyard. I did encounter a couple of issues.

1. I stayed in room 337. If possible get a different room. It’s located at the end of the hallway next to the stairs. I couldn’t figure out what it was but periodically throughout the night, I was awakened by what sounded like a bathroom exhaust fan, a vending machine compressor, or something to do with the HVAC system. Strangely, I also heard birds chirping.

2. I didn’t receive my free copy of the USA Today in my room. I noticed when I went down to the lobby to get a cup of coffee that all of the rooms on the first floor had their’s in front of their door. I asked the clerk at the front desk if he had any additional ones since I didn’t get one. He said they ran out and didn’t have any more. I grimaced and the clerk suggested I just take one from someone’s door. So, feeling somewhat guilty, I did just that.

The free wireless internet access in the room is nice. So too are the free coffee in the morning and cookies in the evening. Check in and check out were very efficient. Breakfast at $7.95 + tip in the lobby is a good deal but it would be better if they just included it in the price of the room. Overall not a bad hotel, it just would have been better in another room.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank ka7890
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This Courtyard is the only Marriott property in a 40 mile radius, so it stays very busy. The staff is friendly and helpful. The big downside is cleanliness. The policy, according to Jody, the property manager, is to change towels "only when they are on the floor or appear dirty". That's right, they don't take the extra towels off the rack between guests. A frequent guest, I discovered this by leaving paper or purposeful stains inside "extra" towels on check-out. The next time I was in the same room- still there!

The frightening thing is that the manager says it's a "Marriott" policy. Yikes!

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank BusinessTravelerAL
Reviewed January 20, 2008

Average Courtyard. This hotel is in a great, convenient location. It's an older Courtyard and is not quite up to the new, refurbished courtyard standards. The pool area is extra small even by Courtyard standards. The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this Courtyard for a pleasant and convenient stay in Columbus.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Columbus Hotel
#4 of 10 in Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus

Been to Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes? Share your experiences!