“UpDating....Be Advised!!”

Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed 3 nites. All in all the stay was fine... very friendly (accommodating) folks and clean, well maintained rooms. I would have wanted to know the Lobby, Breakfast Area and most of the Reception area as you come in were under a significant renovation! Things tended to be unorganized...and the coffee station, and Breakfast in general were "difficult" to say the least!!

Can be difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area. Signage from the road is poor/easily missed!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Snoobeez
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hi Snoobeez! Thank you so much for your feedback - I'm so glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We have finished our renovations and things are back to organized and are much less difficult to maneuver - thank you for being so patient with us as we finished all of this work. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Columbus!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This place is currently remodeling the 1st floor and Lobby areas. It is Dirty, Dusty and very Noisy on the 1st floor. It is extremely hard getting around with all the construction going on. The pool, breakfast area, excise room and guest laundry are all on the first floor. I checked in on a Saturday and when I asked about the construction they assured me they would be done Monday. Well guess what I have been here 2 weeks now and its still not done. When I asked again when they would be done they told me not until August! I checked out today, could no longer deal when the mess and don't like being lied too.... I know they don't want to lose any revenue but why can't you be up front with your customers. This place is one of the more expense hotels in the area and its just not taking care of its most important asset (it's customers!!!)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Hi Traveler - I'm very sorry to hear you were so inconvenienced by our renovations. I'm also disappointed to see that correct information was not relayed to you about our completion dates. Our work will be completed by the end of June, not August, and we are very excited to be able to offer such a modern new space very soon. Our guests ARE our #1 priority and we would love a chance to make this right for you once all the work is done - thank you for your feedback, we will only grow from these experiences. Safe travels!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Overall, we would rate this a place that is no better than a very low price hotel. On the good side, the desk clerks were exceptional and very cooperative. ALso, the breakfast they provide (free) is one of the best we have had at any hotel. On the other hand, the room maintenance was excpetionally poor. we stayed for 3 days and out bed linens were never changed. The bath mat was taken on the first morning cleanup and never replaced. No ice machines are functioning and the only place to get ice is from the kitchen - and you cannot get it yourself. There is some construction upgrade in progress and it is creating a real mess in the hallways and lobby. If this were not a reasonably expensive hotel, I would not have room for complaints like this, but this is one of the most expensive in the area and customers deserve better.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristel M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

I do apologize that your stay was less than what you expected. We strive at the courtyard to go above guest expectations, I am sorry we failed in that area. We will be finishing our renovations next week. I do hope that you give us another chance and choose to stay with us.

Thanks
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Awful stay at courtyard in Tipon lakes Columbus Indiana. I BOOKED TWO WHEELCHAIR ROLL IN SHOWERS ROOMS A COUPLE OF WEEKS IN ADVANCED AND CALLED A DAY BEFORE I LEFT TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE ROLL IN SHOWER ROOM, AND THEY ASSURED ME THEY WERE. When we arrived there they had only 1 wheelchair room with a roll in shower and a regular room. They said they had no other roll in showers available. It was Indy weekend and we had no other choice but to stay there since we were from Ohio, My wheelchair guess said they would take the tub room and her husband could help her in and out of the tub because I cannot get into a tub with out a lift. But still the room was not wheelchair accessible and my guess had to be inconvenienced in the room and helped in and out of the tub which is very dangerous and irresponsible of the Marriott. They gave us another regular room the (next day) because the tub would not drain (not a roll in shower room) I GUESS MARRIOTT HAS NO RESPECT FOR PEOPLE IN WHEELCHAIRS NEITHER UNDERSTAND HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO MANEUVER IN A ROOM THAT IS (NOT) WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE AND HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO GET IN AN OUT OF A BATHTUB WHEN YOU ARE IN A WHEELCHAIR. Then on top of that the swimming pool water was cold and had no towels in it. The key card in the room I rented for my guess would not work and they had to keep going to the front desk. My shower was just luke warm water and I told the front desk about it but they never done anything about it. The next morning we went down to eat and the breakfast potatoes was not done, The sausage was cold and the bacon was dried out and cold, But to top that off the woman that was serving the cook to order eggs had a black blouse on and she had about 20 long hairs on the back of her blouse (NO HAIR NET ON) just gross to wake up to breakfast that way, so we left and went to Burger King to eat breakfast and Bob Evans the next morning before we went to Indy. THIS HOTEL IS AWFUL AND RAN DOWN. I WENT TO THERE SITE AND OTHER PEOPLE ARE WRITING THE SAME REVIEWS. I THOUGHT MARRIOTT HOTELS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE EQUAL TO HILTON HOTELS. THE WAY MARRIOTT TAKES CARE OF THERE WHEELCHAIR GUEST IS A SHAME. I USUALLY STAY AT THE HILTON AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH THERE HOTELS AND THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS TO WHEELCHAIR PATRONS.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

We are very sorry you experienced so many troubles during your stay. We do our best to accommodate every guest at the highest possible level and assure you we never meant to make you feel as though you were being treated differently than others due to your needs and requests. We appreciate your feedback about your stay.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. My in-laws stayed at another room as well. While the service was very average and okay, I was EXTREMELY annoyed by Courtyard Marriot and here is why:

We booked our room through hotels.com the night before and everyone- specifically the hotel staff- know that all the bookings are final once you pass the dead line of ' 3 days in advance'. We all know if you book your room online, the hotel itself cannot refund you or help you in any way.

My in-laws who are so nice, tried to surprise us by paying for our stay. They walked to the front desk, gave them our room number and PAID for our room. This is while the hotel staff SHOUD know that, we had paid online, and that they could not refund us the money we paid. Instead of letting my in-laws know, they charged them for the same room. So a couple of weeks later we randomly talked about it and realized that we have basically double paid.

Yes, my in-laws called and got refunded, but I found it extremely shady to charge your customer twice while you obviously are aware of it, and wait to see if they will realize that and call to complain ! ! ! !

I will never stay at this hotel ever again.

Let me add that later we realized other hotels down the road were cheaper to stay for same service.

Room Tip: check pricing for other hotels down the road. They are all similar.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leyla Y
Bristel M, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I do apologize for the confusiopn of payment. When checking we are to get a credit card for all prepaid rooms for incedentials only. I do apologize this wasn't done correctly upon check in. Our staff is fairly new, so I do appreciate the information because it allows me to further train my staff

thanks

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The service was supurb! From checking in at midnight, to having a wonderful breakfast the next morning, everyone here is very friendly! And the food was fantastic. It was the same fare I find in the downtown Chicago hotels.

But be advised: the walls seem very thin. I could here the running around of the people above me. And the room layout didn't suit a king sized bed; it made the room feel tight.

The bathroom has no vent for showers, and it's rather dark in there.

But again, we just needed a place to stay while making a road trip. We made the reservation in the car, in the hotel's parking lot, and had no trouble checking in 5 minutes later. I was quite sur

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Added charges for breakfast in room rates...but not provided. That also without any prior notice. You are ready to step out for your appointment in time to grab a quick bite...but alas Breakfast service cancelled....?
Also, incoming international calls were put on hold...that when the occupancy was admittedly minimal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bristel M, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

I do apologize your stay was less than you expected. We strive at the Courtyard by Marriott in Columbus Indiana to accomodate our guests. I also aplogize you were not informed of the breakfast being Continental. We provide fresh cut fruit, danish, bagels, cereal, and yogurts on continental. I hope if you are inh Columbus Indiana you choose to stay with us. We will give you and 1 guest a free hot breakfast. Thank you for your valuable input.

Thanks
Bristel Merrill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Brown County Inn
Brown County Inn
#2 of 7 in Nashville

Been to Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes? Share your experiences!