“Courtyard by Marriott Columbus, Indiana”

Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Courtyard by Marriott Columbus, Indiana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nothing exceptional at this hotel. The front desk staff is very friendly and outstanding. The room was clean, roomy and quiet. However, the alarm clock had a bright light. It was hard to get to sleep. I paid around $112, which was pretty high considering what a person received in return. This would have been an exceptional hotel for around $85 per night. The morning breakfast, which was $7.95, was your typical hotel buffett. It is similar to a Hampton Inn. Overall, I would stay here again, after I did some shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
April C, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We hope that you visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Columbus was just a stop over on a long trip from NC To the U.P of Michigan. The hotel is a good location within walking distances to restaurants which was a plus after a long drive. Staff was professional and helpful. Room was great.

Room Tip: Didn't use the spa or eat the breakfast which was an additional $7.95.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
April C, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! We hope that you come and stay with us again. If you are ever our way, email myself to let me know you are coming and we will throw in a free breakfast during your stay. Thank you again!
(aprilcannon@remingtonhotels.com)
Litchfield Park, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

While we are not usually in the Columbus, IN, area, we did spend the night here to be together as a family before taking my husband to Camp Atterbury to deploy.

I have to start off with the room had the most comfortable bed ever!! I have degenerative disks in my lumbar spine and a herniation as well. I usually start my day with ibuprofen after sleeping in a hotel. I woke up feeling wonderful.

Great clean room and very nice staff. Tucked away from the main drag, but easy to get to restaurants, shopping centers, and I-65. We had a room with two queens, which did come with a small fridge.

My husband is going to start staying here for each annual deployment training!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WeThreeAdventurers
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I think I remember checking your family in. We are so honored that your husband has chosen to make us his preferred place to stay! Next time you are visiting us please stop by the front desk and ask for me.
April Cannon
Mooresville, NC USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here on points and had I paid for the room, I would have been disappointed. Staff was nice at check-in, but failed to mention the pool was closed by the county health department. I was later told we could have used the Clarion pool, down the road, had I said something. Why didn't they tell me at check-in? Room was adequate, but small and the cleaning staff must have been in a hurry the day they cleaned our room.

The breakfast at Courtyards should also be included in the base price.

Come on Marriott, you can do better. There are better options in Columbus, IN.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank marklclark
We do apologize that our pool was closed during your stay. I appreciate your comments, I have newer staff at the front desk and this will help to train them on communication with guests. Although, Courtyards do not offer free breakfast, next time you are going to be in our area, please email myself before you arrive and give us another chance to better serve you. (aprilcannon@remingtonhotels.com)
April Cannon
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We tend to stay at a lot of Marriott properties when available because we prefer their rewards program. We were only driving through to get back home from our Smoky Mountain trip and needed a place to stay. Having been happy with so many Marriotts in the past we figured it'd be a safer bet to stop in at a Marriott. The front desk was helpful and friendly and gave us a room, but once we got to the room we were not impressed. The bathtub bottom was not the color of the rest of it. We had two beds, one of which had sheets on it that had been stained. We always believe if a hotel cannot get the stains out, they should not reuse the sheets, it just makes you wonder what you are lying on. In the morning we opened the sliding glass doors just to see our view, there wasn't much, but no big deal, but the amount of spider webs was interesting. It doesn't really take much to remove these, so someone should be periodically taking care of them. We also noticed that the a/c unit was musty smelling. It was by far not the worse property ever, but not one we'd choose again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dan b
I sincerely apologize for the issues during your stay. I will assure you this is not our normal standard! There is no excuse for the issues you had, however, I will assure you that we were going through some staffing changes and this has been resolved. I do hope you might give us another chance in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Greetings from Cincinnati!!!

I just wanted to say that my stay was perfect!!! I loved how clean the rooms were, and the environment of the lobby was very nice and warm. The breakfast was very very good! No disrespect intended since I don't know the young man's name. The black guy who was cooking did an excellent job with keeping the food stocked, hot, and fresh!! We had a good conversation and he was very kind and courteous! The rest of the staff was very friendly as well. Thank you for the great experience!!!

Room Tip: My room was perfect!! I would suggest any room if it was the same as what I experienced!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the comments about your stay! We are so pleased that you had a great experience and hope that you stay with us again!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here with a group for a baseball tourney. No real complaints but save some money and stay at the Clarion. It is a much better place if you are traveling with kids! If you are traveling for business or without kids this place would be fine. I just wouldn't reccomend it for kids. Clean, and nice just not real kid friendly!!

• Stayed March 2013
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to be as accomodating as possible for all guests including those with children. I am sorry that our hotel didnt live up to a kid-friendly hotel. However, with your response, we are going to add a movie night for the weekend sports groups with popcorn and sodas! I hope that you will find this a great time to relax for a while during the typically hectic weekends! We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#4 of 10 in Columbus
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh

Been to Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes? Share your experiences!