“Quiet Location”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Naples, Florida
“Quiet Location”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a decent Courtyard in a quiet location a few miles from downtown Columbus. The hotel has not yet been converted to the Bistro and they did not offer free breakfast to Platinum Members. The hotel itself is pretty typical of the older Courtyard set up and was comfortable. My main complaint was the extremly bad wireless connection. I actually gave up and used my air card! The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again should future travels bring me to Columbus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BlueMarlinDave
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Columbus and for sharing your review. I will absolutely follow up on the few issues you encountered during your visit with us.

We were thrilled to read how you enjoyed our location, services and food quality. We will celebrate those with our Ambassadors as we do so enjoy when we go above and beyond our guests' expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Corydon, Ky
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is my first experience with Marriott hotels. It was a very good experience at that. We were very well treated and enjoyed our stay. The room was very accommodating with a frig and microwave and a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was very good (not free but cheap) and the host was very helpful and polite. It seemed everyone we met working in this hotel wanted to help us out any way they could. I look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2012

As far as Courtyards go, this Courtyard is very nice. The price for the area is usually pretty good, running about $89.00 a night. The hotel itself is clean and the bed is especially comfortable. My one complaint with Courtyards is that they do not offer a free continental breakfast. It seems to me that all other hotels of this caliber do, so why not Courtyard? Their new lobby with the cafe that Marriott has put in their Courtyards is a joke. The menu selection is poor and the prices are high. Save some money and go to McDonald's for breakfast. You will get the same type of food for about half the price. Or better yet go to the Steak and Shake for the $3.99 All You Can Eat Pancake breakfast. Delicious and quite a bargain. All in all, a pleasant hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your kind words about our clean hotel and comfortable bed which we are extremely proud of. Unfortunately, we cannot change the breakfast as it's a Marriott Courtyard standard but we hope that the breakfast will not deter you from choosing our hotel again should your travels bring you back to Columbus.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

First morning here we were informed by the GM himself, that "I am 90% booked with Platinum, I would go broke if I "comped" every "Platinum" breakfast." We were also informed that he had never heard of any other Marriott doing so (okay you other Platinums out there, my jaw was where yours is now) He even demanded to have the names & locations of those Marriotts who 'supposedly' do. Even after I provided numerous examples, this young punk GM did not offer any kind of apology.

The hallways and stairways are an unbearable temperature of at least 85-95 degrees, with no screens on the windows, opening them was not an option even though it was cooler outside than inside.

I agree with making the best use of our resources, but this hotel does it at the cost of guest comfort.

The only good thing here was the housekeeping staff, they were friendly & good @ their job. Very hospitable, very UNLIKE their GM.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide insight into your stay with us. Each and every response you provided is greatly appreciated for its constructiveness and for the assistance it provides to me and my staff to correct any weakness in our service. At the Courtyard Columbus Hotel, we are committed to providing the highest level of service to our guests. And, while we do many things well here, our failure to insure an immediate and friendly welcome, as well as the information that would have enhanced your stay in Columbus is inexcusable, but I assure you, is being urgently addressed. I know your next stay with us will reflect the daily improvements we are working diligently to implement. Once again, thank you for taking the time to help us improve!
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We changed hotels in this town fron Days Inn to here and wow, was it worth it. For the same price the hotel was clean, safe, and comfortable. This hotel did not include breakfast however but had it available for $7.95. Lots of baseball teams here for a tourney and the staff allowed us to barbecue and hang out on the patio.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I booked my room at Priceline the night before my arrival. The price was $55 plus tax. And my friend and I were quite pleased with the accommodations. The hotel was centrally located near shopping and restaurants. There was a big plate of what looked like assorted homemade cookies at the check-in- desk and lemon water near by. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean, well appointed (including a mini frige), and the coffee was tasty. Upon vacating, it appeared that they were serving a continental breakfast, but it turns out it is $7.95 per person. And upon exiting the property to the east, I drove out into on-coming traffic because there was no stop sign. Scare-y.

Would I stay here again. Absolutely! But I'd would stop at the intersection whether or not there was a stop sign. It's just a matter of time before somebody gets hit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RRichardson
Beaver Island, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2012

People make the difference, and the staff here is top shelf. Clean, comfortable, friendly, and at a great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
athibeault18, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Columbus and for sharing your review. We are proud of the fact that we exceeded your expectations with our product and services, that is our goal with each of our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to being of service on your next visit/
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
The Seasons Lodge
The Seasons Lodge
#5 of 7 in Nashville

Been to Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes? Share your experiences!