“Good Hotel”

Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My sister and I stayed Nov,21st overnight, to shop the outlet malls the next day.
The lady at check in was great,we wanted to change rooms and she had no problem w/ that. The room was fine. Clean and everything in working order.
The pool and Hot tub were clean and nice, we had them all to our selves being it a Sunday night.
Had no trouble sleeping beds were great.
Breakfast the next morning was fine, a good selection and reasonable price.
I would stay here agian anytine.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 10 years in June. It is a nice little spot, not too large, not too small. The people who work here are always pleasant, especially the front desk. The buffet breakfast can be a hit or miss thing depending on who is working it that day, food is consistent, service is not always. Good little indoor swimming pool and easy parking. Suggest you get a room facing the back of the hotel and some have balconys, so ask! Front can be a little noisey if you want to open the window (and they do open!!) There is a courtyard out the back side then woods, this is my recommendation. It is just outside of Columbus, on Hwy 46 heading to Nashville.

Room Tip: back side with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I’ve been staying at this Courtyard off & on since it was first opened. It’s become my baseline for judging other hotels. It has the new Courtyard interior “Lite” in it, (the minimum items to meet the new standard) and overall service is good, but nothing outstanding . It still has the standard buffet breakfast set up, and they did some updates to the bathrooms during the remodel.

It’s a nice place to stay & in a quiet area, but nothing to call it “Special.” Overall what you expect in a typical Courtyard, no more, no less. If in this area, it’s still one of the better choices.

Room Tip: Higher floors away fro the elevator- the chime is loud
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MFRoadWarrior
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Brown County (Nashville) IN is an annual weekend “date with your wife” destination.

Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Tipton Lakes in Columbus, IN is near the junction of I-65 and IN 46. My wife looks forward to our annual fall visit to Brown County, and we have enjoyed a number of properties in both Columbus and Nashville.

The Marriott Courtyard is convenient, if not consistent with Marriott standards. For a fall "Leaf Peeper" weekend, take care to reserve perhaps six months in advance. Expect the Marriott Courtyard to be sold out Friday and Saturday night.

Also expect several youth sporting groups. The Marriott Courtyard seems to provide a free hot and cold breakfast buffet, and this may be due to much competition on IN 46 or north on I-65. Frankly, we prefer the older style “cooked to order breakfast.” We are not fans of “free breakfast,” and expect Saturday morning to be greeted by many youth groups feeding at a “school cafeteria.” The Courtyard breakfast is rather unpleasant. We would prefer a full-scale Marriott hotel.

Marriott “Rewards” has us hooked on the brand name. Yes, we have really used Marriott Reward points for a three-week holiday in the British Isles, and more recently for a four-week holiday in Western Europe. The Marriott Reward points really do work for the independent-minded world traveler.

In general, the youth groups are very well behaved, and bed down early in order to prepare for various sports events. So, in spite of being sold-out, this was a very quiet weekend. However, do phone the property directly to inquire if the U.S. army or college groups have booked the property. These groups have a “fun agenda,” and this may result in a very rowdy weekend.

If the visitor is not a Marriott Reward member, it might be advised to check out other nearby properties. Skip the IN 46 eateries, and drive an extra five minutes into some excellent downtown Columbus restaurants.

The Marriott Courtyard staff is courteous and well trained, but this Courtyard is understaffed, and internal security seems invisible.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed October 27, 2011

While the Tipton Lakes Courtyard was a clean and pleasant hotel it was not what I expected from the brand. The room was clean but not perfect like Courtyards are normally (you know this one had streaks on the window and dust in on the lamps. The staff was nice enough but they obviously weren't on fire for customer service.

Plus the bed wasn't the pillowtop that most (all) Marriott properties have, so it wasn't over the top comfortable either.

The bottom line here is this is a nice enough property if you get a great deal but there are better hotels in town for the same price range.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed in Columbus for a meeting. Hotel was clean and neat. Staff was very professional and helpful. Many choices within a short distance for eating and shopping. Breakfast was good and reasonably priced at 7.95 for the buffet. I left an item in my room after checking out. By the time I reached the Indianapolis Airport the front desk notified me and made arrangements to mail the item to my house. I will definitely stay here when in Columbus.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed 6 Nights in this room. I would have rated this "Poor" but I understand that "things" can happen out of the hotels control. Like employees calling in sick. It all started on the 1st day of arrival. I go upstairs to a 2 bed queen (Requested King). Called Staff and hotel was full so no other room available. It appeared that they just finished cleaning the carpet as that was the "Smell" that lingered and the carpet was still slightly wet. So I shrug it off and move on. Then after a 12 hour work day I(Day 2) I return to my room and housekeeping had not cleaned my room. I called the front desk to make sure that the hotel policy was to clean rooms daily. It was and she was nice enough to ask if I needed anything and brought up coffee as I requested. She said she would inform the manager. Now Day 3, still did not clean my room, By this time i needed towels and soap replaced. Once again, called downstairs, requested the items and about 2 hours later... still no towels or soap. Since I have to wake so early I just gave up. Day 4 yet again no service. I did notice someone knocking on the doors further down the hall and stating "housekeeping". But this was at 7PM at night! I will not recommend or stay at this hotel by choice again. I only stayed there because this was a business trip and the corporation uses this hotel chain. When in this area again, I will return to my Indigo across the interstate, or the residence Inn further down the street, that I think are the best in this area. Enjoy the photos, I have a video of the room on youtube channel.

Pros:
- FREE Continental Breakfast
- FREE WIFI Internet (Week Signal and lows speeds)
- Cookies & the Market near the front desk area

Cons:
- Housekeeping! (Can't believe it's a Marriott)

RetiredArmyRanger
Marriott Silver Rewards Member

Room Tip: Don't stay here if possible. Go to the Residence Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WHDSM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Brown County Inn
Brown County Inn
#2 of 7 in Nashville

Been to Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes? Share your experiences!