“Great steak and broccoli”

Amazing Joe's Grill
Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Bend, IN
“Great steak and broccoli”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had planned to try the No 2 rated Tripadvisor restaurant, but the La Quinta staff suggested we try Amazing Joe's Grill. In particular, be sure to order the broccoli. Unusual suggestion. As usual we ordered two salads and split the meal, a 12 oz strip steak medium rare. The wine selection was slim, but adequate. I had a cab (about $7) and my wife had a margarita ($6). Excellent bread with dill-butter. Also used on the broccoli and it was really good. Fresh steamed just right. We skipped dessert and finished our salads and the rest of the bread instead. The entire meal including a nice tip was $40. I'd like to visit this place again. Good service and tasty food, well-prepared.

• Visited March 2014

“Comparable to Muncie”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The atmosphere is a little different, the background noise a little louder, but the food is just as good. I had an AWESOME server who was very helpful and very accommodating regarding my food allergy. I will definitely be back.

Visited January 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Okay”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Tried as result of tripadvisor ratings. It was okay - not bad but not great. Steak was good, shrimp not so much. Price was fair-to-a-little pricey but not terrible. Kind of Texas Roadhouse'ish.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 601Brad_W_12601
“Good service recovery”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went in for dinner last night to a packed house. Had to be in Bloomington in 2 and a half hours so probably picked a bad place to go. Took 15 minutes to get a drink order. 30 minutes later and three baskets of bread I left my wife to get something from the house. 15 minutes later I come back to find salads and news that our steaks weren't put in the computer and would be a while still. Told the server I was leaving anyway after she said our meals were being comped. The manager came out and gave me 2 $50 hand written business cards and apologized. Our server had tables in too many parts of the restaurant but hopefully it isn't always like that. She was young and just probably in over her head.

I've eaten here 3 or 4 times and the food was always excellent. I just couldn't think of speed eating a 14 oz steak and potato in 10 minutes or I would have stuck around. May order carryout today with one of my cards.

• Visited November 2013
Franklin, Indiana
“Would recommend it to anyone”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our first time at Amazing Joe's. We rarely get to Columbus, so didn't know where to eat (other than chain restaurants) so we took the advice of "Trip Advisor" reviewers. We were not disappointed. The decor was casual and warm. The music was eclectic "oldies." There was a mix of families and adults. And it was obvious a lot of the other diners were "regulars." Staff was pleasant, courteous and prompt. I ordered the chicken-fried chicken with mashed potatoes (and gravy) and steamed broccoli and my husband ordered the catfish with fries and applesauce. Both meals were quite good and we both took leftovers home. Next time we are in Columbus, we'll definitely go back to try something else.

• Visited October 2013