“Excellent as always”
Review of Smith's Row Food & Spirits - CLOSED

Smith's Row Food & Spirits
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome! At Smith's Row what you'll expect and get is an unforgettable dining experience. What may surprise you, though, is the sense that your visit was as special for us as it was for you. We're honored to delight guests, create exquisite meals and make new friends every chance we get.
Chattanooga TN
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We've dined there several times when visiting my Aunt. Have always been very pleased with the service and our food. Will eat there again.

Visited November 2013

West Bend, Wisconsin
“Excellent food at wedding”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had dinner as a guest at a small family wedding at Smith's Row in October. We chose from a ribeye, thick-cut pork chop, and baked lasagna. I chose the pork chop, and was not disappointed. It was cooked perfectly -- crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside -- and was topped with a delicious onion marmalade. The chop was huge and I could not finish it all. It was served with two red potatoes, topped with an asiago cheese sauce, which were also quite tasty. I was also impressed with the house salad, particularly the sun dried tomato dressing, and the crispy cheese lattice garnish. My boyfriend (and most of the other guests at our table) chose the ribeye, which all seemed to enjoy. His was cooked exactly as he had requested. The restaurant is lovely, and the outside has a "Bourbon Street, New Orleans" look to it. My only complaint was rest room nearest our dining room on the 2nd floor is quite small (too small and crowded to use the mirror). They may have another larger restroom, but I did not see one. I would love to return again and dine on their patio/balcony overlooking 4th Street.

• Visited October 2013
Buffalo NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Smith's Row came highly recommended by local residents, so we chose it over 2 other upscale places. We were quite disappointed & felt it did not come up to the hype. Service was very slow & the waiter seemed inexperienced. We ordered a salad to share, but he served it on only one plate rather than splitting it on two plates as most restaurants will do; in fact, he did not even bring us an extra plate.

While we waited for our meal, it would have been nice to have a complimentary appetizer or amuse-bouche, but we didn't even get any bread! When the meal was finally served we had to ask for bread & were told we would have to wait while it finished baking. The end result was very ordinary.

Columbus was a delightful city to visit, but this experience left a bad taste in our mouths.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank wrcip
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Just Average”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This seemed from various reviews to be the best high end restaurant in Columbus for my 55th birthday dinner. I was underwhelmed. My wife's salmon was bland hospital quality food. My steak was fine, but nothing special. My wife's dessert, a coconut pie, saved the day. Nothing particularly wrong with this place, but nothing special either. It was telling that the place was half empty on a Friday night of the biggest tourist weekend the city has ever experienced.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ChrisH05
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Loved everything about our evening.....”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent the night in Columbus IN on the way to Chicago, and headed downtown to the restaurant area on 4th st, and ultimately picked Smith's Row. The downstairs was lovely, but we asked to sit on the outside porch on the upper level overlooking the steet. It was a perfect evening. We ordered two glasses of wine (excellent pour), then both ordered a Caesar salad. with our entree. The salad was excellent...crisp romaine, not too many croutons, excellent dressing, fresh cheese....no anchovy, but otherwise excellent.

My wife ordered duck breast in orange sauce, and I ordered beef tenderloin au poivre. The duck was perfectly cooked, and tender, and the sauce was good. She had Asagio potatoes which were ok. My beef was perfectly rare, with lots of black pepper chunks in a cognac cream sauce. It could not have been better. I had fettucine alfredo as a side, and it was also perfectly cooked, not over sauced, and teh sauce had not broken down or gotten grainy.....

We shared a warm brownie with ice cream, slivered almonds and whipped cream. It was very, very good.

Our server was attentive, and frankly, it is hard to find anything negative about the meal.....well worth the visit.

• Visited September 2013