“Good Value”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cloverdale
Melaque, Mexico
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Good spot for the night.Desk clerk was friendly and efficient.Room was clean,beds comfortable and area was quiet.Although breakfast is not offered,there is a supermarket a short distance(behind) from the hotel.The room has both a fridge and a microwave so storage/cooking is not an issue.The hotel has a well lit exterior so I wasnt concerned about my packed vehicle.My preference is motels having access from the parking lot to your room.Obviously, thats not possible at the motel 6 so one has to lug their stuff thru the motel but it wasnt a major problem.Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesapeake, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just myself visiting nearby for my grand daughters' birthday. Just needed a clean secure place mto sleep and shower. This motel 6 filled my needs. Guy on the desk was very nice and friendly Throom was clean but had a little odor. But I turned the a/c on and when I returned for the night it was ok. I spent 2 nights and the house keeping staff (likely just one person) had done a good job and I even left a tip. Room had a frig and microwave. However I had to unplug the microwave to plug in my cell phone charger. There were no other receptacles in the room. Ha Ha. No big deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

For $55 a night I would stay here again. We were making the treck from Maryland to Denver and stopped here along the way. It is right off of i70. The staff was very kind and check-in was quick. The rooms were clean, outdated, and quiet. As I mentioned, it was worth the $55 (and that was the price for two). There was no coffee in the room, but free coffee was in the lobby. If you are looking for a place to sleep only this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Definitely a bargain. This place was inexpensive, clean, convenient, and truly a bargain. The room was spotless, quiet, large and comfortable. Staff was quite nice. If you are in the Terre Haute area, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a "non-smoking" and it did not smell at all. Quite clean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chicago IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Normally I book a reservation when we go somewhere. However, we made a spur-of-the-moment trip to Indiana to visit the Exotic Feline Rescue Center. The trip to the rescue was great. The motel we ended up in the night before, not so much. First of all, make sure to check if there are any special events in Terre Haute, IN before you plan your trip. If there are, motels in the Cloverdale area will also be booked to capacity severely limiting your choices. We did not realize this prior to our trip.

Motel 6 was the only option left near our destination which should tell you all you need to hear. However, we really had no choice and it was already midnight so we opted to stay. The room had two queen beds but the mattresses were in terrible shape. Both rolled to the center of the beds. The bed nearest the sink was lumpy and had no support left in it at all. The bed closest to the window felt firmer but had springs that poked through when you laid on it for more than 15-20 min at a time. Pillows were lumpy and sheets so rough they actually hurt your skin. A little fabric softener would work wonders if they can't buy a better quality sheet. (Which I do get they are a budget chain....)

The drapes in the room did not really block out any light so it was quite difficult to sleep. Thin walls with lots of traffic noise did not help the situation any. We were surprised by the amount of traffic noise since the building appears farther from the highway than some of the other options at this exit. It is nice to have a micro/mini-frig combination if one were able to suffer the bedding and light issue for more than one night.

No breakfast, coffee was cold. Night staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The day staff, not so much. I asked if there was the possibility of getting some fresh coffee and was told it was only 45 min to checkout and that they would not make any more. (Mind you, it was 9:30 at this time and checkout was at 11.) There is a sign at the front desk that says checkout is at 11. However, this sign also says that additional hours are $10 an hour. My husband was not feeling well so my daughter and I planned to go to the rescue and then return for him. I asked the front desk agent if it would be possible to return around 1 and pick him up. I stated that I understood there would be additional fees for this. His response was to shake his head and look at me like I was ridiculous. I pointed out that the sign said additional hours were $10 per hour but he just kept shaking his head and saying, "Checkout 11." I gave up and we drug my husband out of the crappy bed where he had managed to get less than 2 hrs of sleep all night and checked out.

As we left, my husband rolled our small (less than 20 lb) overnight bag down the staircase from our room. The desk agent told us we were "disrespecting the stairs." Suitcases have rollers on them for exactly that reason. The stairs were wood - not covered with carpet so it was not going to cause any shifting of the carpet even had it been a much heavier bag. I was incredulous that he would be so rude as to comment on such a thing so I did not even respond to his statement. We will be returning to this area at least once a month since we have adopted a big cat at the rescue. I can assure you we will NEVER stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank blondewithabrain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My kids and I stopped at motel 6 cloverdale Indiana. It smelled really bad didn't feel safe at all felt like we were being watched in are room and was very loud doors slamming. So we left couldnt get all of my money back. I will never recommened this hotel to anyone. Worst hotel I ever stayed in save your money.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Me_201
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was large with fridge and microwave. Room was clean and well maintained. Free Internet. No breakfast but for what we paid, that is not expected. Coffee was provided.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
#5 of 6 in Cloverdale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Covered Bridge Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport Plainfield
WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Plainfield

Been to Motel 6 Cloverdale? Share your experiences!