“Amazing staff, great value.”
Review of Super 8 Cloverdale

Super 8 Cloverdale
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cloverdale
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Anytime I travel through Cloverdale, Indiana, I always stay at the Super 8 hotel there. Clean, comfortable beds, free wifi, and a heated pool. Truly the best kept secret in Cloverdale. Friendly, courteous, professional staff. To top it all off, they even have waffles and cinnamon rolls at breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Super 8 motel in Cloverdale, IN. This was the first time either of us had ever stayed in a Motel. We chose Super 8 because it had decent reviews and, in fact, boasts about it with a "#1 Trip Advisor" sign on the front door.

We checked in at approximately 10:30PM. The young man at the front desk was very much in a hurry and even admitted that he was at the end of his shift and his mind wasn't on work. This was after I had asked him some pretty basic questions about the motel. Moving on...

Guests beware! Super 8 charges a $10 pet fee for dogs. This is not advertised on their website or other hotel broker sites.

Our room wreaked of stale smoke. The side door entrance of the building remained open throughout the night. The Air Conditioning unit began turning off and on throughout the night even after I turned it off myself. I ended up needing to unplug it completely. Then the mini fridge in the room would make the most annoying sounds through the entire night. I think I must have only slept a total of 2 hours off and on. We stayed in room 203.

The plus side of the motel was its free wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a great place to stay. The staff was very helpful. The room was what really impressed me here though, no smells, very clean,and great beds. When I need to stay in this area, I will always stay here. This hotel is everything that they promise to be.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom P
Reviewed August 24, 2012

After writing a negative review based on our experience at Cloverdale Super 8, I am happy to report that the owner contacted me personally and expressed his regret at our disappointment. He assured me they have replaced all coffee makers with new ones and are in the process of buying all new mattresses and in general doing an upgrade on all rooms and making sure all rooms are cleaned according to the highest standards. Therefore I believe this hotel would be a good place to spend the night based on these upgrades.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that has the new mattresses.
Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Rooms were incredibly clean. They mentioned that they had just replaced all the beds and I could tell because I didn’t want to get out. Breakfast was good too. Don’t think twice, stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

For an older town, this was a nice start for a great experience. The coffee pot had to be taken into the bathroom to use but otherwise it was clean,good internet connection, lots of information about the area and a basic continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yoyobiker
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel staff was very helpful and nice!!! I travel alot for work and this is the cleanest hotel I have seen. It is about ten years old and it looks new.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank businesstravel46826
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Days Inn Cloverdale Greencastle
#2 of 6 in Cloverdale
College Inn Greencastle
College Inn Greencastle
#3 of 3 in Greencastle

Been to Super 8 Cloverdale? Share your experiences!