“Older but ok”

Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cloverdale
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pros---- good location with easy access to interstate and Greencastle IN, staff very pleasant, accommodated my request for quiet rm (end of hall, away from ice machine), brkfst ok, pool area ok

Cons----needs some updating, overall is clean just kind of dated looking, no elevator but only two floors

Room Tip: Quiet location is top floor near end of hall away from lobby
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tina W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for giving a review for our hotel. We hope we have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Tina Williams
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Clean, quiet, and comfortable. Really nice shower head. Plenty of hot water.
I felt safe.
Comfortable bed with crisp clean sheets. Slept very well.
Window style climate control system was efficient and reasonably quiet.
WiFi worked great most of the time.
Decent breakfast. Well stocked and kept clean. Very acceptable coffee.
Vending area had good selections, reliable machines, acceptable prices.
Ice machine was just barely adequate.
Not complaining vigorously, but it felt slightly overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have a grand daughter who just turned three years old the weekend of 8/11/12. I always go to spend the weekend and to her birthday party. The last 2 years I have stayed at Hoiliday Inn. This year upon returning I went to their website to give then a good review and was shocked to see an offer for a $75 card if you stayed 2 weekend days at Holiday Inn. But you had to sign up for this offer in advance. There was no mention of this offer when I checked in at the desk only thing that was said was they were glad to have me back because my name was already in their computer from last year.
My girlfriend and I sometimes take 2 vacations a year plus we travel during the year. Sorry for your loss Holiday Inn but It looks like the next trip to Cloverdale will be spent in either Motel 8 or the Hampton in Plainfield, In. On the road it will Hampton Inns from here on out.
Upset over $75?? You bet!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked this for a family reunion in the area through their website. Was shocked when I got there and they said they only had a King size bed when we had 4 people. I showed the front desk clerk my paperwork that I had printed, that I had, in fact, booked 2 queen size beds. She thought a minute and said she could give us a handicap accessible room. I took it because that's all they had, Showering was a challenge with the bathroom that was set up for handicapped persons.
The next night coming back after hours at the family reunion, found our room filthy, no maid service, our dirty towels still on the bathroom floor. Very disappointing since it was 105 degrees and we just wanted to come back to a nice clean cool room.

Breakfast bar was again, only average. One plus, the bed was comfortable and the linens for the bed were soft.

I can't understand why they had booking problems and why their housekeeping was subpar. I received a $20 credit, but doesn't make up for the poor service. When I come and visit our relatives again in Cloverdale, I will book in Plainfield, IN and make the drive

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank oldschool09Chicago
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express offers clean rooms, comfortable beds flat screen TV and is located close to a gas station, and fast food restaurants. It also has ample parking. Very little noise on my visit despite the fact the place filled up quickly at night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Front Desk personnel Chalon and Katelyn were very helpful and accomodating to our large group of BMW enthusiasts over the last weekend. Their Can-Do attitude and smiling personalities made the trip that much more enjoyable.The facilities are clean and affordable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The hotel front desk women Katelynn and Chalon were very helpful and nice we had a great stay and can't wait till the next time we stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
#2 of 6 in Cloverdale
College Inn Greencastle
College Inn Greencastle
#3 of 3 in Greencastle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale? Share your experiences!