“A few kinks, but a nice stay”

Radisson Hotel Louisville North
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The pros: the sheets are super soft, beds are comfortable, ice convenient, lighting is better than most places, heat lamp in the bathroom, heating/cooling is quiet and keeps a consistent temperature, maintenance staff polite and very competent, rooms are pleasantly decorated but not overdone, towels are soft and clean

Cons: my key card didn't work TWICE, had to lug all my luggage back and forth from the room to the front desk three times then wait outside my room for 15 minutes to wait for maintenance, wi-fi is weak and has to be constantly re-logged in, house cleaning staff very noisy (make sure you put your sign out), our room was next to the connecting hallway which has a brick floor...which is where the housecleaning staff and luggage draggers travel, making for a noisy stay.

Overall, a hard place to stay for a weary traveler trying to get some sleep. Would be an awesome place for a wedding party or longer term stay. Has a wonderful indoor pool area and restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robynn O
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you very much for the comments. I do apologize about the noise level and Wi-Fi inconsistency you had but glad you had a great stay at the Clarion Hotel. Hope to see you again in the future when you can stay longer to enjoy all our amenities. Water park will open at the end of May. See you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I hate to complain, but I was not impressed at all. My daughter & I stayed 4 nights. When checking in I asked for a fridge & was told no until I said it was for my insulin. We were sent to the end of the place through doors, up small elevators, dull hallways.....I have a hard time walking that far so was not impressed. Our room obviously has not been tended to as I noticed in other rooms flat screen tv's while we had this old big grey thing. I had to call downstairs as they had to reset my local call usage 3 times. The last night there after getting to our room from the front they had locked our doors. Why? We were booked & paid fully till the next day. The pool looked great till we went down. The back door was held open by a rock so people could go out to smoke, & all the fans were on. I've never gotten into a warm pool only to freeze. The 3 other people after us were cold too. The only excitement was the fellow being arrested, taken out of the place in handcuffs into a police car.

Stayed: March 2014
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. We are currently in the process of replacing all the TV's in the hotel so I am sorry you had a room with one of our old TV's. I hope you did see the many changes we are making to better serve our guests. Please when you have the opportunity contact me so I can talk with you first hand about your stay at our hotel because I would like to invite you back during the summer when our outdoor pool and waterpark our open. Here is my contact info 812-284-4411 or by email gm.in043@choicehotels.com I would like to end with saying thank you as well for letting us know about your stay. Talk to you soon.
Michelle Seitz

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Run. Run fast, in the opposite direction. Apart from the large attractive swimming pool, what a depressing place! It's shadowy dark, a huge maze to navigate, has garish decor and weird furniture. I heard about a case of bed bugs while we were there overnight. The bathroom was retro. Breakfast was atrocious! And so expensive for what was on offer. Seriously, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I do apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay at our property. We are definitely not known for what you described. If you are ever back in the area stop in a give us another try and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

For a hotel that is rated as 3-star on Priceline, ummm, no. This is not a 3-star property. The property is a nice-sized conference center, but it is best described as "Holding on to 16 as long as you can", just like in the song Jack and Diane. It's basically and old school Holidome. They don't seem to be putting much effort in upgrading it to a Clarion.

The breakfast buffet was ROUGH. It cost $10 after tax and was not worth $3. The waffles on the buffet were frozen waffles that were soggy and made Eggo waffles look like a king. The sausage links were like dried out miniature hot dogs.....no taste. And the bacon was super overcooked and dried out as well. I had to settle for $10 toast basically.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank crumblindown
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for the comments. If you are ever in the area again please give me a call and I will take care of you. Till then. Have a good day.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during travel to see a concert in nearby Louisville KY. The property recently became a Clarion after having been a Holiday Inn and hopefully it is in a transition phase digging itself out of a hole.
From the outside the property looks a bit neglected but after walking through the front door the lobby and large pool area adjacent is impressive and appropriate to the nightly rates. This is the hotel we hope to return to on a follow - on visit when we give the property another try.
We were under impressed with the room though. The housekeeping staff can improve their attention to detail as the desk chair was soiled and had a small tear in it and the bathtub had a floor mat which was peeling on several corners. Truthfully if you're cleaning the tub and see something like that an immediate work order should be created to make the room right. With Louisville marketing itself as a conference center nothing less can be allowed and to many options exist not to make it right.
To sum it up, the outside and our room look neglected and pride in their location by some is weak. Management was attentive to our concerns but by that time a first impression had been made so we decided to cut our visit short. The front of the facility offers promise of a renewed spirit for the property and we will return to see if it is realized.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the comments. I will pass all this information to each manager. I believe when you return you will be trully impress by the improvements from this stay. Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderfull day.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Quite possibly the worst experience I've had at a hotel.

No towels at the pool, broken coffee maker in the room that spilled coffee everywhere. No hot water, and the hair dryer literally caught fire in my hand when turned on. Noisy hallways all night. Maid shaking the door to get in at 8 a.m. - despite the noon checkout and "do not disturb" sign.

Save your money - stay at the KOA down the street. The conditions here are equally primitive.

Room Tip: Stay at the KOA campground down the street - it's about as primitive, and you get about the same...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LeahFarris
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay at our facility. I have addressed all the issues you mentioned in your comments. I hope you will give us another chance because what you experienced during your stay is definitely not what we are known for. If you do decide you would like to give us another chance please give me a call or email me at the hotel. 812-283-4411 gm.in043@choicehotels.com

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We traveled to Louisville for a city event and to meet old friends. This hotel is perfect for just this type of occasion. We arrived early and our friends got held up in traffic and were two hours late. We just waited in the restaurant/bar. When they arrived, we had a lovely dinner - no more driving required.

I thought the facility was a little tired looking which is why I gave an "average" rating; but one could also see that the owner is in the process of upgrading and renewing the property.

If you've got a group, such as a wedding or family reunion, I'd suggest this property. Lots to do for children and adults and easy access to downtown Louisville.

Room Tip: Ask for overlooking the pond. Ground floor has a nice patio.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
vickie z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you very much for the review and I am glad you had a great time at our hotel. Hopefully the next time you stay with us we will have all our upgrades done. Have a great day.
Michelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
Best Western Green Tree Inn
Hampton Inn Louisville-North/Clarksville
Galt House Hotel
Galt House Hotel
#30 of 98 in Louisville

Been to Radisson Hotel Louisville North? Share your experiences!