“Great fresh tasting food, slow service.”

Kansai Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Clarksville, Indiana
“Great fresh tasting food, slow service.”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is one of the few places to get sushi in Clarksville and it's tucked away behind a Famous Dave's. The place is very large and has a nice ambiance. I ordered the Crispy Alaskan ($15) and Yummy Highlander ($12) rolls. The portions were very big, almost making the price worth it. The service on the other hand was very slow. It took a while for the server to bring me my check despite pushing my plate far away from several times in an attempt to get someone to notice. She was nowhere in site for all of my meal. A man with a cart full of pitchers of various drinks gave me a refill, which left a very unpleasant airline feel to my meal. The sushi was very fresh tasting and I had an entire second meal to go.

• Visited May 2014

New Albany, Indiana
“I've been twice, but haven't eaten yet?!?”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I've gone here twice for lunch. Both times I've waited to be greeted or seated for 10-15 minutes and left. It didn't look terribly busy either time. Both times the hibachi chef looked up st me but no host or server ever acknowledged me.

Chicago, Illinois
“Surprisingly fabulous sushi and bi bim bap!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Owner was very friendly, excellent service, better bi bim bap than I found in Chicago, sushi was amazing, and I also had the lobster tail hibachi style which was very good. Great inexpensive mai tais, too. When in the area for business, we will be sure to come here!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KaiserConsulting
Chillicothe, Missouri
“Fun eating experience!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first time at a hibachi grill in several years. The food was AWESOME and the chef was funny. The chef really tried to get everyone at the grill involved. Make sure you ask your waiter what to order...I was a little bummed that I ordered something that was cooked in the back and not on the grill. The staff here are all wonderful. Would definitely come back here again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mopate
Sellersburg, Indiana
“Always a Great Eating Experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love coming to Kansai! The food is great, the staff is always friendly and smiling and the owners are always accommodating. You should dine here every chance you get.

-- Aaron