Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Always a pleasure to visit

Always have a great experience here, staff, food, the show. Everything is always worth the price... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
sumotac
Clarksville, Indiana
Reunion Fun

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Marsha H
Ascutney, Vermont, United States
via mobile

All reviews fried chicken salad bar served buffet style carved turkey green beans mama mia christmas carol during intermission ddp pre show ticket price buffet dinner murder mysteries season ticket holders alcoholic beverages buffet line decent buffet
Reviewed 4 days ago

Always have a great experience here, staff, food, the show. Everything is always worth the price you pay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went to DDP last night for dinner and entertainment. It was a great evening. Leisurely, delicious buffet dinner, great show-side seating (no bad seats) and terrific performers.

Really enjoyed the Footnotes, waiters and waitresses who doubled as pre-show entertainment.

The Web of Mystery show was nice too. Warning: the theatre was very cool. Be sure to bring a sweater or jacket.

Cindy K, Owner at Derby Dinner Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your comments. I'm so happy you enjoyed your night out with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been going to DDP since I was a teenager. This is my first year having season tickets and I am loving it. This place is really a bargain: dinner and an intimate play for less than the cost of most of the tickets to a show at other theaters. The buffet selection rotates with each show. There’s always a stellar salad bar with really fresh selections and some type of carved meat. Fries chicken is also a staple, although it’s not as good now as I remembered it being as a kid. The programming is diverse, from kids shows to musicals to murder mysteries with a bunch of other stuff sprinkled in between. I’ve seen probably 20 shows here and never had a bad experience. There’s not a bad seat in the place, even if you are on the top row. Service is excellent. Drinks (other than tea and coffee I believe) and dessert are extra. Usually we share a big brownie sundae because it’s a special night out. Can’t recommend this place enough. Take your significant other, your friend or your family. It’s sure to be a good time for everyone involved!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great show with humor and suspense. Lot of fun. Dinner was very yummy. Staff is always friendly. We always enjoy DDP

1  Thank mvandueschen
Cindy K, Owner at Derby Dinner Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you! We appreciate your comments and I will share with the staff.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Located within minutes of downtown Louisville..this is one of the few remaining dinner theaters.

Food is better than anticipated. Served buffet style. Desserts are table served.

Nice atmosphere for an oldies concert.

A nice all inclusive night out.

A very good value

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Overall this place runs like a well oiled machine. We bought our tickets online. We went to the door, they immediately pulled our ticket, seated us and took our drink order. The buffet is of pretty standard fare although potatoes au gratin is a nice departure from the standard mashed. The salad bar could use more freshening up during dinner service but overall far exceeds expectations.

The service was exceptional in spite of the sold out crowd. Because of all the factors involved, I'd encourage generous tipping if you are pleased with your service. The preshow entertainment of The Footnotes are also servers.

This is just a fun thing to do that's out of the norm. Enjoy the show!

Cindy K, Owner at Derby Dinner Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you for your nice comments. We're happy you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

My family and I went recently to see their production of The Little Mermaid. Not only did we have a very nice buffet dinner but we had a wonderful time seeing the show. The ticket price included the dinner and basic drinks but if you wanted to add a desert you were able to do so for a very reasonable price. I really liked that their brought these out during intermission. All in all, it was good food and a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

Went here with a few friends. Had a wonderful buffet supper and show was Fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone. Price was reasonable as well.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Was in town for a teachers conference and went to see the Little Mermaid. We were not disappointed. So much fun!!! The food was really good. The cheesecake was yummy.

Cindy K, Owner at Derby Dinner Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for the nice comments. So happy you could take a break from your conference and enjoy a performance with us.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

About a year ago, I heard about the great shows at Derby Dinner Playhouse. I had been as a kid and loved it, but was scared I had outgrown the plays at Derby Dinner.

I decided to try it anyways, although I thought it was a bit pricy. Boy, am I glad I did. The show was fantastic. So much so, I changed my mind about the price. The show and dinner is defiantly worth the price!

My husband and I have not missed a play since and are now season ticket holders! I can't recommend Derby Dinner Playhouse enough. I spread the word whenever I can because I truly believe it is the best thing to do in Southern Indiana.

1  Thank Paigeedavis