“Last visit not good.”

Clarksville Seafood INC
Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have been eating here for years. It is usually excellent. On our last visit however, 11/2/13, 6:30pm, not so good. Breading falling off fish, very soggy and
overcooked. French fries and onion rings also soggy. Temperature of grease
was low. Maybe frycook was having bad night. I am going to try again because I
like this place so much.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Clarksville Seafood has been my favorite fish house forever. My family always wants to come here when they are her from out of town. It had been the same since I was young and it was the Cape Codder. Great fish, hushpuppies, shrimp. Fish was always light, tender and tasty. My last 2 visits there have not been good. The hushpuppies were strange and the fish breading was different and fell off of the fish. Why change something that has worked so well for so many years? I guess it is like everything else-nothing is the same anymore and none of the changes are for the better.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Clarksville Seafood Inc (CSI) is a local restaurant that serves decent portions at a decent price. It's located in a gray house with white trim house. It does a lot of to-go business. There's a variety of tables & chairs with a large bench to sit at in the entryway for to-go food. They do not serve beer. My fish dinner included one very large and one smaller fillet, both thick with a nice crunchy coating. CSI's coleslaw was nothing special but their onion straws were very good, thin and crispy.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Looks like they have changed the breading some. Still some of the best fish around. Good job guys. This place never disappoints me.

1  Thank William B
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great breading, always rippin' hot & fresh. The fish is flaky and never overcooked - they sell by weight and not 'pieces' so while typically a fish dinner comes with one large fillet and one smaller piece there have been times when I have gotten three medium pieces - it all tastes the same - yum. You will need napkins as this is fried fish but it isn't oily. Their shrimp are some of the best around, and the clams & oysters are very tasty. I usually get their fried onions either in addition or as a substitute for the fries (which are the only ho-hum thing here). If you have three or more dining I would suggest the large order of onions. They do and not all that infrequently run out of onions or another item - usually it will be posted by the cash register, so be warned that late on a busy Friday. My son says the chicken tenders are good but i don't know.

There is usually adequate seating inside, and while it is no frills dining the place tends to turn seats fast - worst case just take it to your car and eat (BUT: your car will smell like fish for days, to some this is a problem but to me it's not, just a reminder to go back again).

Let's talk about their hours: much improved! Now open 11-8 Thurs. - Sun.; Tues & Wed. 4-8 - closed on Mon. as always has been the case. When folks talk about their weird hours they are referring to how it was in the recent past but what I typed here is correct as of the review date. You can also google them to see the menu & hours. They accept Visa/MC also, no checks.

So I guess you get that I am a fan? My family and I have been going here for the better part of 30+ yrs. and it has hardly changed - that's a good thing since it was and never has been 'broken'. My dream wish would be the ability to take fax or call in orders. A Drive Thru would only have cars stacked up down Eastern Blvd. past Value City.

So here's my local ratings when it comes to fried fish: (local as in So. Ind. + Louisville area):
1. This place!!
2. The Fishery (two Louisville locations)
3. Kingfish
4. Cap'n D's
5. The Dock (Jeffersonville)
6. Moby Dick (barely acceptable since they switched their oils years ago)
Not rated: Mike Linnings (80's, 90's - they were OK but now they are just AWFUL!)

3  Thank Brian W