“Nice/Quiet Place”

Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Clean/Quiet nice place close to I-65. Close to alot of restaurants and stores. The staff was friendly and helpful with our questions about the area. They even included in the room what county the hotel was located in case of severe weather. Just a small detail but great info!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Louisville North

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Candlewood Suites is the worst hotel I have ever dealt with. I stayed there 1 night in 2013 and they are still charging my card and its March of 2014. They are very rude trying to deal with them over this matter. So if you want your debit/credit card charged months after staying there here you go this place will rip you off big time! Awful rude, and apparently they keep your card number and charge it whenever they feel like it!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Anthony B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Candlewood Suites Louisville North. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was our first time staying at a Candlewood Suites. Based on the latest Tripadvisor reviews, we were hesitant, but they had a super deal on a "points" stay, so decided to take a chance. Glad we did. We were quickly greeted and check in went smoothly.

Our room on the fourth floor was very spacious. A little worn, but clean. Very large livingroom/kitchen area and nice-sized bedroom. Great towels in the bathroom.

Check out was also quick. We went in and out of the hotel several times, and there was always someone at the front desk. (This was a concern based on previous reviews.)

Walking distance to Outback Steakhouse. There are many other restaurants/shopping within a mile or so, which would be easily walkable in nice weather.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EngineersWife
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am a platinum member with IHG, never had any problems with staying at Candlewood Suites before. I travel with my business a lot and love staying in places that I feel I am welcome. On this day I arrive at a Candlewood in Clarksville Indiana, tired and ready to relax, my wife and I didnt want to drive no more and was pretty excited to know we had found a Candlewood on the exit we had decided to eat on. Had a nice waiter at Cheddars tell us how to get there, and that the rooms, and staff was very friendly. We got to the hotel, and I went in to see if they had any available rooms. When I got inside I was pleased that the hotel was nice, neat and very clean. But I wasnt pleased with no one being at the front desk. I waited about 10 mins before I realized that no one was there working. I dont know if they dont have a staff at all times, or if they were just busy. My wife later called the hotel to see if they had any rooms before we got on the interstate and found the next one in Louisville, and to our surprise a young lady answered. My wife just aske her if they had any rooms and how much. She said yes, was very quick to get off the phone so my wife just said thank you and let her go. Im not sure if she was extremely busy or if we was just a bother but either way I know that when we are back in Clarksville we will make the extra trip to stay at Candlewood in Louisville

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brady J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Brady J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. It is unfortunate you were unable to stay at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at a Candlewood, and I have to say it was a bit disappointing. Upon our arrival, We were greeted by a young lady named Kayla. Check in was quick, however with it being our first time staying at an extended stay, we were not sure what to expect, and Kayla was not very informative. She seemed very eager to get us out of her hair. The more questions we asked, the more her tone changed, and she began getting "huffy". I later realized why when we came down to check out the facility (since we weren't told much) and she was in the lobby with a young man (I assume her bf) playing and being touchy. Not professional. The worst part is, she hardly noticed us walk by. All in all, our stay was ok. The rooms were great and clean, and the rest of the hotel was nice, but I don't see us returning to this location again.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank By6064
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear By6064,

Ben J

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Although I travel regularly, this was my first visit at a Candlewood. I didn't really know what to expect other than through the reviews here on Tripadvisor, so I wasn't disappointed but surprised. The room I had was equipped with a kitchenette, but the actual living space was very small. As others have said, there is no breakfast but you can make your own. Making meals seems to be what at least some folks do because the halls smelled a bit like cooked meat. Such was the case of the odor that came from the room next to me. Not long lasting, but the smell was bad. All in all, not a terrible stay but not something I plan to do on a regular basis.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Coach5000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Coach5000,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, we would like to thank you for providing your feedback. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Well, check in was fine and quick. The woman at the counter had her boyfriend sitting in the Libby watching tv (we later came down as we came and went and she was sitting out there with him). She left a few hours later, I'm assuming she was just lounging until her shift ended.
Our room was nice, besides a few things. Our window is made to open and it would not very easily, we had to force it open because the window is too large for the frame it is in. Because of this, the window is warped and since it is very windy outside- all you hear is the wind coming in the room.
The couch had a large rip I'm the seam (we switched the cushions so the rip would be down so we didn't make it worse).
Other than that, nice amenities in the room- microwave, stove top, full fridge and freezer, adequate cabinet space, dishwasher, sink. And necessary cooking utensils.

Overall I'm happy with the stay other then the noisy windy window and that one somewhat unprofessional staff member

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Worldtraveler1993
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
Best Western Green Tree Inn
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
Hampton Inn Louisville-North/Clarksville
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Clarksville
Radisson Hotel Louisville North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Louisville North? Share your experiences!