Candlewood Suites Louisville North
$81
Good 3.5/5
$101
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskihg propertyroom upgradeclarksville areaan extended stayseparate bedroomcoffee tableenjoy staying herepurchase itemsthe holiday innlending lockerfull size fridge freezerspur of the momentfree coffeeoutback steakhouseawesome stayhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Well, check in was fine and quick. The woman at the counter had her boyfriend sitting in the Libby watching tv (we later came down as we came and went and she was sitting out there with him). She left a few hours later, I'm assuming she was just lounging until her shift ended.
Our room was nice, besides a few things. Our window is made to open and it would not very easily, we had to force it open because the window is too large for the frame it is in. Because of this, the window is warped and since it is very windy outside- all you hear is the wind coming in the room.
The couch had a large rip I'm the seam (we switched the cushions so the rip would be down so we didn't make it worse).
Other than that, nice amenities in the room- microwave, stove top, full fridge and freezer, adequate cabinet space, dishwasher, sink. And necessary cooking utensils.

Overall I'm happy with the stay other then the noisy windy window and that one somewhat unprofessional staff member

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Worldtraveler1993
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Candlewood Suites (in general) - great if you want to make your own breakfast - they don't offer facilities but you always get a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and hob.
As a Brit working occasionally in the US it means I can have simple cereal and coffee for breakfast at bizarre hours of the morning (jetlag) which works really well for me.

The rooms are cleaned out once a week so I stayed for 7 nights and never had room service - you make your own bed. This works for me as it feels more like coming back to my own place (mess) rather than a hotel room - might not work for others.

Clarksville, Indiana
This one has a pool - but it's small, good for spending time with kids but not worth me getting wet (I had taken swimming gear just in case).

The rooms are very similar in layout to the one in Plano, Texas I use so I'm guessing it's a standard model. They are quite dark (dark wood) but perfectly functional and at a great price point compared with Sheraton / Hilton etc.

I'd probably not use one for a vacation but find them great for business use.
Free wifi works well.

The location of this one is interesting - next to the interstate (3 minutes drive) on a block of land not developed further yet. Shops within 2 minutes drive (quite a few - see Veteran's Drive on google maps). Nearest store for groceries is Target (one set of lights) equally Walmart on Veterans drive is close by.

Recommendations for eateries - just over five minutes drive is a new Mark's Feedstore (saves crossing the bridge to Bardstown Road) great ribs etc.

Room Tip: All rooms similar - quieter at the back and on higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here one night when we were in town to watch the night races at Churchhill. The hotel is very clean, modern and I would assume built within the last two years. The bed was super comfy and the pillows were really nice. As a side, note that most Candlewood Suites only have Queen size beds, if you are traveling with a partner you may want to consider that fact.

The hotel is really close to Louisville. I think it took us maybe 15 minutes to get to the track. It was pretty much a straight shot, and b/c we stayed on the north side of the river our room was at least fifty dollars cheaper. There are a bunch of chain restaurants next to the hotel (O'Charley's, Logan's, Outback, Bob Evans), which worked well for us. This hotel doesn't serve breakfast so it was nice to be close to morning options.

The best thing about this hotel though was the staff. We left really early in the morning and I stupidly forgot all of my jewelry on top of the dresser. Needless to say my partner was less than thrilled two hours later when I realized I had left thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of birthday/anniversary/Christmas presents at our hotel. In a panic I called the hotel, and WOW. Staff responded so incredibly. While I was on the phone with the clerk she ran up to our room, with me on the phone, and located the jewelry.

We promptly high tailed it back to the hotel, two hours later we arrived. The clerk had wrapped up the jewelry to make sure none of the chains got tangled and the earrings didn't get misplaced. She knew who I was the moment I walked into the hotel (I must have looked panicked). She was super nice and so wonderful I contemplated giving her a hug.

This was a great hotel, made more amazing by staff's willingness to help me in locating some very valuable and sentimental jewelry. While I generally try to believe in the inherent goodness and honesty of others my partner is less inclined--he too exclaimed how pleased he was to know the jewelry was still where I had mistakenly left it.

Awesome stay, awesome staff and I left (the second time) eternally grateful!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were driving from IN to TN and were planning on staying in Lexington, but hit construction and had a crabby kid who wouldn't sleep in the car, so we tried to find an option to stop earlier than planned. Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to give Candlewood in Clarksville a try and were glad we did. We booked a 2 queen studio suite over the phone through national reservations, but when we arrived at hotel about 10 min later, we were informed that there were none of that room type available, so would upgrade us to a full suite. This was a separate bedroom with king bed and pull out couch that worked fine for our 9 yro son. The room was quiet and spacious. We didn't use the kitchen at all since we were there just overnight. The only issue we had was logging onto their internet; the password was case sensitive and was not written down for us correctly. After 2 calls to front desk and several attempts at various ways of spelling it, we finally were able to connect. It was fairly decent speed internet. The only other downside was no free breakfast, which most in this price range have, but many of them aren't very good anyway, so wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, free laundry, full kitchen, pool, gym. What's not to like? This particular candle wood is within walking distance of an Outback Steakhouse, and blocks from a large mall and major shopping (sam's Club, Walmart, best buy, etc). Very convenient when needing to shop for groceries while on the road. We stay here every time we're in Louisville, never encounter issues with our room, etc.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business