Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Quality Suites(Jeffersonville)
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites(Jeffersonville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskihg propertyroom upgradeclarksville areaan extended stayseparate bedroomcoffee tableenjoy staying herepurchase itemsthe holiday innlending lockerfull size fridge freezerspur of the momentfree coffeeoutback steakhouseawesome stayhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

To start we were here for a volleyball tournament. As normal we do not make reservations till the last minute and in this case it was the last 10 minutes literally. I called into priority club ( I am a platiumn member ) and the reservations was great to find a couple of hotels near by. We went with this one due to it being. 9pm and our points cost us 15k versus 20k at the holiday inn . We just needed a bed for the night. The guy at the front desk was great to work with made you feel right at home personable and professional we were treated great with the snack and room upgrade which we needed due to being 3 of us it worked out that he was there when we left in the morning so he is the only person we saw as if he owned the place he does deserve a raise just to make sure he does not ever need to leave Because of money you can not find good help and let alone keep it without taking care of your people and make them feel valuable we look forward to staying here again no matter how many points it cost

On a side note I see that there is a lot of people staying here for longer term with the tornado disaster I assume the hotel is quite profitable due to this I hope you either have or will do something nice to support the people that have been affected it does not have to be big just something

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Belsbury
Augustus A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We greatly appreciate it when our guests take the time to let other guests know about their stay. The gentleman who was working that weekend was Roger G. who has just recently since this posting been promoted to our Director of Sales, it is obvious by your compliments the reasons why we would want him being the face of our hotel to prospective clients. We greatly value our Priority Club Members and do our best to add something extra to their stay when they are here with us.

As to the guests that are here for the unfortunate circumstances of the tornado that hit the Henryville area in March, we work extremely hard to treat each and every one with the kindness and understanding they surely deserve as they work through what is a very trying time. It is a point of pride for us to say that our guests truly feel this is their home away from home during this time and we add a little extra to our special events and Wednesday evening receptions especially for them.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Any hotel can give you a room, but Candlewood made us feel at home. The suites are beautiful, well laid out and clean. Everything is new and fresh. What made our stay was the staff - Donnie, Sara and Augustus were absolutely amazing - friendly, helpful, compassionate. My husband stayed there for 10 days while his Mom had open heart surgery at a nearby hospital. My daughter, grandbaby and I stayed for 5 days and even though we are family, it would have been nearly impossible if we hadn't had such a nice place to call home. When we make trips back to Indiana to visit Mom, we will definitely stay here. Plus there's shopping and every restaurant imaginable within walking distance. Even though it's in Indiana, it's close to Louisville so it is very convenient.

Room Tip: I prefer the King suites over the ones with double beds, they are bigger.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindi M
Augustus A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. The Staff and I take a lot of pride in our hotel with great service and a clean hotel like you experienced here with us. Candlewood suites is a hotel built for guests like yourselves who are here for an extended period of time, with spacious suites, fully equipped/full size kitchens and best of all Free Laundry!

We are near numerous attractions, just minutes from Downtown Louisville, The Yum Center, Kentucky Fair and Expo Center and plenty of shopping and dining locations.

Once again thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have been a guest at this hotel since February 2011 and stayed here for more than a year on business. There has been conflicting reports about this hotel that should be set straight. There has been issues with the management in the past I would agree. The rooms have been clean sometimes better days then other. There were issues here and there with the windows. This hotel has turned 360 degrees. They have a new general manger who's name is Augustus and has changed the hotel around with the talented help of the best staff member and original team member Sarah. This has all taken place since October. The rooms are cleaner than expected. The social experience is great pluses have social time on Wednesday with food, snacks, and drinks all free of charge. The prices of rooms are comparable to hotels of this quality. The kitchen cupboard, pool, exercise room, free laundry facility, along with grill area, and kitchenettes in rooms. Make this excellent for extended stay guest, families, and anyone who needs that great home away from home experience. Not to mention location: restaurants all close to hotel, Churchill Downs a couple miles away, downtown Louisville also couple miles away. Free shuttle survive. I have personally recommend this hotel to co-workers, contractors, and companies who have set this hotel as a preferred hotel after meeting strict standards and guidelines. When working in area this will remain now and always my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank epowell145

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. Since taking over in October of 2011 I have worked hard to give our staff like Sarah the support they need to exceed our guest expectations. It has been a pleasure working at such a great facility with a great staff providing friendly service and an exceptionally clean room. All of our rooms feature fully equipped/full size kitchens that allow our guests to "Feel At Home" Along with features that you mentioned like our Wednesday Night social that is excellently catered by Eclectic Flair Catering here in Clarksville, IN.

Once again thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had two rooms / suites at this Candlewood and both rooms were great. The beds were super comfortable and spotless. The rooms, the utensils, the appliances, and the bathrooms were very very clean and I will definatly be back. The location could not be better. Very close to shopping, restaraunts, to Louisville KY, and the highway. Reasonable rates!!! Nice folks at the desk and willing to help in any way they can!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review of our Hotel and Staff. I will be sure to relay your compliments to our entire staff as we all greatly appreciate the feedback. Our fully equipped suites are meant to impress our guests with every item needed for a comfortable and relaxing stay and an "at home" feel. We are very close to Louisville and as the recent news has reported the traffic has gotten much better with the re-opening of the Sherman-Minton bridge allowing our guests easier access to the Downtown Louisville area during the day and the quiet laid back atmosphere of Southern Indiana at night. Once again thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed there for almost 6 months and just couldn't take it anymore. The hotel was new, and the beds where great, rooms where clean...I should start off by saying, I know for a fact that the staff has now pretty much all changed. With that said, Housekeeping was horrible, and so was the manager. He actually insulted me, and told me to "shut up". We were there on business. The pool was green the whole time we were there, and the windows leaked when it rained. A friend of ours got sick and come to find out there was mold in his room...being that it was a new hotel, I'm sure it had to do with the leaking windows! My opinion of course. I know Sara is still there, and she was the best thing that ever happened to that Hotel. She is at the front desk and was always very friendly, kind and helpful. Andrea was also excellent, and came in to take over, but she also left....So, if you keep to yourself and clean your own room like I did, then they have everything you need...but if you are extended stay and want to socialize, well, again, I can't speak for now...but I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: I would say any room is fine...the hotel is about 3 blocks away from a main road.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank froggeede

Thank you for your candid response as we appreciate all feedback in order to create a better guest experience here at the Candlewood Suites. My name is Augustus Allen II and I have recently taken over the role as General Manager at the hotel and have made needed changes to the hotel to address issues that you had experienced at our hotel back in March of 2011. We welcome you back to our hotel to see the changes, and the the great things that have stayed such as Sarah who is a great asset to the hotel. Once again thank you for your review and we hope that you would give us a second chance as we are a fully equipped extended stay hotel that provides a clean room and a friendly atmosphere for all of our guests to feel at home.