$89
Quality Inn(Chesterton)
$70
$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

Econo Lodge(Chesterton)
$104
Country Inn
Riley's Railhouse(Chesterton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall lakeindiana duneslakeside roomlakeside viewhot tubstrip mallwestern indianindoor poolfirst floorwould stay here againclean roomsmichigan citystaff was friendlygeesewalgreensbalconieschicago
Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel is nicer than the exterior might lead you to expect. The rooms have been somewhat renovated and while the beds and furniture is older, everything was clean.
The lobby is quite attractive and there is a large deck that overlooks a small lake. It looks like all the rooms have patios or balconies with chairs. There is a full service spa on site and the indoor pool is huge but is most suited to swimming laps - not suitable for young children as the minimum depth is 4 feet. It is very conveniently located for dining, shopping and sighseeing on the Indiana Lake Michigan shore.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gmadiane
Reviewed September 4, 2010

This hotel has a good location as it is close to the downtown, and has many restaurants and shops nearby. When I made a reservation, they asked if I wanted the "lake view" or "parking lot view". For monetary reasons I chose the parking lot option, but I feel I actually enjoyed that more than the lake view! There are two floors to this hotel and top rooms have a balcony with lawn chairs and main floor have a small concrete patio with lawn chairs. This was a nice little feature and looking out over the trees and corn field in the distance (and the parking lot) was just fine. At the breakfast the next morning I got my first glimpse of the "lake" and was dismayed. The "lake" is nothing more than a green pond scum color with debris floating in it. If I had actually paid for the "lake view" I would have been really upset. This is NOT a pretty lake! It is a shame they cannot try to skim it to reveal some normal water beneath, it just looks awful. The water is stagnant and just plain murky green & gross.
The breakfast room was large and the breakfast choices were very good. The actual rooms were spacious. The carpet looked scuffed and marked up, but otherwise the rooms were good. The air conditioning unit in my friends room was more up to date than my room. My unit was very loud. The mini fridge in my room was huge! The shower in my room looked like it had been repaired with a different colored glaze in the tub part which makes it appear like there is standing water in the tub. It was a little odd to get used to, but the water pressure was fine. The lobby of this hotel seems a little dated, but overall it was just fine for a few nights stay. The staff were friendly. If staying here, skip the "lake view" and enjoy the wood view from the parking lot instead.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly B
bestwesternindianoak, Webmaster at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Indian Oak for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that your visit was a pleasant one and that you found our staff to be friendly, that is always nice to hear. I am glad that you enjoyed the parking lot view.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Staff members were notified that the fact that our valued guests are noting that they are finding them to be friendly is appreciated.

2) Maintenance staff was approached as to the possibility of making the lake view a more appealing one.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by our spacious and clean room,and the very pleasant and friendly staff. We stay in Chesterton frequently on our way to Chicago and, because of a reaspnable rate, stayed here. We did not have high expectations because of stays in other properties in the area, so we were amazed at how clean, comfortable, and accomodating they were. Plaudits to the Best Western in Chesterton IN!!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bette S
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stopped on our way north through the area. It was so nice we decided to stay there again on our way back. The staff was friendly and even told me about a promotion if I signed up for their "rewards" program. The room was clean although a bit dated. We stayed in a room with 2 queens, microwave, and mini refrigerator. The refrigerator had a separate freezer which is unusual for hotel refrigerators. The room was large and also had a small sofa. There was a small porch with 2 chairs that looked out on a small lake. It was very relaxing to be able to just sit outside. The breakfast had eggs, sausage as well as the normal breakfast items. I was was very happy with the room and the hotel is convenient to a drug store and a few fast food places.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kaloja
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I would never stay at this hotel again. The rooms and furniture are outdated and sparse. The front desk clerks are extremely rude and the breakfast in the morning was just okay. Our room was clean but the bathroom wasn't. The maid left the toilet paper with 2 squares left on it rather than change it out before we took the room. The lake isn't pretty to look at, weeds, moss and dirt.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple