Best Western Indian Oak
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
$118
Country Inn
$96
$47
All reviewsindiana dunessmall lakelakeside roomlake viewhot tubstrip mallindoor poolwestern indianbreakfast roomwould stay here againfirst floorclean roomsconvenient locationmichigan citystaff was friendlygeesewalgreens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2006

Nasty place. We had the best - most costly- room. It was so dirty. Mold under the airconditioner, holes in the walls, twin sized (gross) blanket on a king size bed, cob webs and spiders in many corners, the carpet was disgusting. I couldn't even use the shower, so I used the jacuzzi tub to bath. For the same price, even lower, we could have had beautiful rooms in the area that we checked out while we are there. We didn't have maid service the entire time we were there. I could go on... the only saving grace is that we had a great time biking around the area and to the dunes.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
6  Thank JNSMac
Reviewed August 14, 2006

After looking at their website, we were very excited to stay at this hotel. It was a completely different story once we got there. The room was dark and dingy, there were huge holes in the sofa cushion, spider webs on the lamps and in the corners (filled with spiders), I could see outside through the wall where the air conditioner was attached, there were weeds and garbage outside our sliding glass doors (which were off their runners), there were used fire works outside our room, the lake was covered in green scum, the bathroom was okay, but just didn't feel clean and the capper for me was finding pills on the floor and a door that looked like it had been broken and fixed with wood putty instead of being replaced. Overall, I didn't feel it would be safe to stay there and when I went to the manager, he didn't even question why I was leaving. I told him it wasn't clean and he didn't ask me to explain or anything. They just didn't care. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank ksgar
Reviewed April 9, 2006

My son had his wedding at Indian Oak Banquet Hall last June. I realize the hotel has sold but Robin still owns the banquet hall. The banquet order she used for the evening was not the updated and the bar was closed at 10:30 pm. After much stressful discussion with her employees (she could not be found, per the head waitress) they finally reopened the bar after majority of guests left....partially because of that and partially because the airconditioning went out in the afternoon reception and she never made an attempt to call in a repair service. I realize it was only 98 degrees and a sunny day but it would have been nice to have had air. This was a personal insult to all! There was urine on the washroom floor even before the receiption started. These were only a couple of the complaints. None of them were resolved, no matter what she says. The bride got a certificate for a free night. Who would want to stay at a place they had so many problems with?

12  Thank Roz B
A TripAdvisor Member
Portage
Reviewed March 12, 2006

It was our honeymoon we went for. We got a room with the firplace in it, but that didn't work, the heat didn't work. They had to change our room because all those things didn't work. We got nothing for our problems just a we sorry about that I mean we on our honeymoon and all that money we paid for a fireplace room it should work.

• Stayed: August 2002
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis
Reviewed March 1, 2006

Indian Oak Resort is not a Resort, but the rooms are very large and clean. This hotel is nicer than other hotels that I have stayed in. I will stay there again.

Thanks