“BW Indian Oak”

Best Western Indian Oak
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stay, bed, amenities all very good. Pool too cold for comfort, Jacuzzi jets poorly functioning. Trouble with checkout, waiting several minutes at desk, as unattended. No answer to doorbell, voice, or telephone call to desk. Eventually someone came to the desk. Other than this, all fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We value each guest’s feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I would like to apologize for the delay and the lack of caring of my staff at the time you checked out. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

everything was perfect room was very clean Neil and the staff took very good care of my wife and i
while we were there. You could not ask for a better place to stay, THis is the fourth time we time i have stayed at this hotel i have recommend this hotel to all my friends

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We value each guest’s feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The rooms were clean and the staff was very good. I had a nice lakeside view. The hotel was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was good. There was a nice selection to choose from. It was kept fresh and well stocked. Check in and check out was great I experienced no problems at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff was so helpful and accommodating. I booked 13 rooms, and check in and check out was very smooth. The manager made sure breakfast would be ready before our leaving time and that there would be plenty of food. The rooms were clean, and the view from the lakeside rooms was beautiful. I come to Chesterton once a year, but I will keep returning to this hotel each time I come!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Best Western Indian Oak. It is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay special from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed… this is always our goal.

It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I am thrilled to hear that they made your stay comfortable. My staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I needed a room for the night and that is what I got. Aside from the ducks making noise all night, the trains rolling thru every half hour and the loud fridge in the room I was able to get maybe one hour of sleep. The room was clean and the staff were very courteous.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. . We value each guests feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I apologize about all the distraction at my property. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night on the way to Michigan. This is an older building in need of a little tlc but overall not bad. If you have any disability that makes stairs difficult make sure you get a 1st floor room there is NO elevator. It's what you would expect from a best western. I stayed in the king room with fireplace and whirlpool.

There must be a train crossing close because there were train horns all night. The lake is small but quaint. I don't mind the older building, highway noise or even the train because this was not a vacation spot for me but a place to spend the night on my road trip. However I wouldn't stay again because the bed was so hard I don't think I got more than 6 hours of sleep from discomfort.

Note to manager: I was inadvertently given 2nd floor keys to start. In coming down the big stairs in the lobby there is an extremely loose step that almost pitched me down the staircase. I forgot to mention to the front desk.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melanie M

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. . We value each guests feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am sorry we did meet your expectation. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

friendly staff, fast free internet, indoor pool, Jacuzzi, 24- hour fitness great location-close to freeways, restaurants, gas station - comfortable bed, lots of parking , I highly recommend this hotel, 5 star customer service

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for the review. We value every guest and the feedback about your stay is always encouraged. I am very happy to hear that my staff made your visit to Chesterton a pleasant one and that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Best Western Plus Portage Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Portage
Hampton Inn Portage
#2 of 12 in Portage

Been to Best Western Indian Oak? Share your experiences!