Quick review: this is a good stay if you want a spacious, basic, neat & clean room with some in-room amenities. Pool and sauna. Friendly, profsesional staff.
I stayed here one night for a meeting. Room #206 has a king size bed that was comfortable and a sitting area. There are many items that one expects at this type of hotel (coffee maker, iron/board, good word desk, etc.) and some that are really value-added if you were staying a while (fridge, microwave.) I would have liked an in-room safe, thought. The furnishings were comfy and rather basic, but should be replaced sooner rather than later -- getting a little old.
Clean, comfortable bathroom with some toiletries. The towels are okay, but you know that this isn't a 4-star hotel.
Free wifi worked well (thank you! I get irritated when hotels charge for this service that seems rather basic.
Friendly, professional service throughout.
The free breakfast was edible, but it's good that it is free. I rarely think much of the free breakfasts often served at hotels at this price point -- mediocre pastries, scrambled eggs in the form of round yellow slices, etc. Okay coffee. Juice from a dispenser.
There is an indoor pool and hottub (I didn't use either.) It looks good for a dip, but the area around it has a few chairs and not much else. This is not the kind of pool where you linger a while, but I'm sure kids would love to jump in afer a day on the road.
So: it's a good stay for price/value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Indian Oak! Our two story 61 room hotel is conveniently located off I-80 and I-94 near Lake Michigan, Valparaiso University, and only 5 MINUTES from the Indiana Dunes State Park. Plus Chicago O'Hare International Airport is only 65 miles away, and Chicago Midway International Airport is a brisk 51-mile drive. We offer an amazing location with a gorgeous lake, with lake-view specialty rooms and some of our rooms have fireplaces and whirlpools. Pick up a complimentary newspaper in the lobby before heading to a free full hot breakfast. Afterward, go for a swim in the indoor pool, soak in the hot tub, work up a sweat in the gym. Our hotel features unbeatable amenities including: in-room Wi-Fi, 39" flat screen TVs, mini-fridge, microwaves, and coffee makers in all of our rooms. We have a 24-hour business and fitness center. We also have the Indian Oak Pub where nightcaps are our specialty along with affordable rates. Whether you are the business traveler, traveling for leisure, or with your family, we are just the place for you! We look forward to seeing you soon!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Indian Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Indian Oak Hotel Chesterton
- Best Western Chesterton
- Indian Oak Resort Spa
- Best Western Hotel Chesterton