$89
Riley's Railhouse(Chesterton)
$140
$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

$85
ComfortInn
$109
$99
$96
$104
Country Inn
All reviewssmall lakeindiana duneslakeside roomlakeside viewhot tubstrip mallwestern indianindoor poolfirst floorwould stay here againclean roomsmichigan citystaff was friendlygeesewalgreensbalconieschicago
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a former hotel General Manager. I have managed dated properties in the past and understand the struggles this hotel may have. I do not however find excuses for lack of cleanliness and staff. The guestroom had a bathroom that was patched up terribly and looked like it was going to fall apart any second. The linen was thin and fraying. The shower curtaiin was pink as if someone had washed it with a red sock. There was pubic hair on the wall of the bathroom. Our toilet backed up the second day and the front desk attendant, who was also working breakfast, offered to plung it. This being said in the breakfast area amongst other guests. The poor girl worked all day and night with NO ASSISTANCE!! I do not understand how the owner of this property could justify having ONE person on staff to deal with all the demands of the day. There were plenty of heads in beds to cover the cost of a few hours of breakfast coverage or maybe a maintenance technician. Not happy at all with breakfast options. Coffee was terrible with one creamer option. Milk was in a pitcher that the whole world used to poor into their ceral, not to mention there was no label. It is hard to image one person being responsible for maintaining breakfast as well as guest needs at the desk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank DANIELLE K
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for the review. We value every guest and the feedback about your stay is always encouraged. I am personally sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. During the steadier months we do have a breakfast area attendant throughout the breakfast times of 6am- 9am each day. In the less steady months, the front desk helps out in that area. If you were unhappy with your room after checking in, we could have corrected it then. We could have offered you a different room or even offered to clean the room ourselves. The acknowledgment of the staff member in the breakfast area was greatly appreciated. As far as working all day and night with out assistance is, quite untrue. My front desk staff works 8 hour shifts and the day shift is relieved at 3pm each day, as was done throughout your stay as well. I am very sorry that you were unpleased with your stay at our hotel. Perhaps you would like to come back in the warmer months and enjoy a lakeside room. The rooms are more spacious and the view of the lake is gorgeous, especially with the swans and geese. Again, I do apologize for your unhappiness and if you would like to contact me directly, neilp@indianoak.com I would be more than happy to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel several times in the best 6 months! Pleasant staff, rooms clean, very pleasant place to stay for the price! Great location with plenty of places to eat close by. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Book the lake side vs parking lot!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback. I appreciate that you have come back many times and that you are very satisfied with our hotel. Thank you as well for acknowledging my staff, as they do try very hard to make each stay a memorable one. The lakeside rooms are quite cozy and the view of the lake gives it that extra special touch. We are definitely in a great location and there are many restaurants to choose from. We are also very close to the Indiana Dunes and the Lighthouse Mall in Michigan City for warmer months. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We liked the room and the staff was nice. The problem I had with this room was noise from train traffic. The room looked over an inlet on the Lake and it was a nice view. But the train was on the other side of the inlet.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the lake as the train tracks were across the narrow inlet and it made for some short sleeping.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I truly value your feedback and I thank you for taking the time to do so. I do apologize that the trains were a bother during your stay. We are located in close proximity to two train tracks. Unfortunately the town of Chesterton does hear the echo from these trains all throughout the day and night. We are located close to the steel mill and the south shore train station, so the train traffic does tend to be a more active at certain times, than others. On a pleasant note, I am glad that you enjoyed other aspects of the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff and our lakeview room. The view is beautiful to look at all through out the year. I thank you very much for your review and I wish you a happy new year.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

At check in the front desk staff was very friendly, and let me know where there was nice places to eat at. The hotel and my room was very clean. i have stay at different hotel for work and by far this was the best stay i have had in a while. I was impressed that my room got serviced every day. Special thanks to Neil,Crystal,and Patrick.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Neil p, Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Having a great staff from start to finish just makes the stay so much more enjoyable. I am very glad that you took advantage of having your room serviced everyday of your stay. Having a clean and comfortable room when you check in and all throughout your stay helps add to a great experience. I am thankful for your feedback and am extremely happy that you found our hotel to be one of the best you have stayed at. We are located in a nice location, with many restaurants to choose from. I am glad that my staff was able to give you some feedback about nearby restaurants. I hope you come back to see us soon. Thank you again for giving us your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.