I am a former hotel General Manager. I have managed dated properties in the past and understand the struggles this hotel may have. I do not however find excuses for lack of cleanliness and staff. The guestroom had a bathroom that was patched up terribly and looked like it was going to fall apart any second. The linen was thin and fraying. The shower curtaiin was pink as if someone had washed it with a red sock. There was pubic hair on the wall of the bathroom. Our toilet backed up the second day and the front desk attendant, who was also working breakfast, offered to plung it. This being said in the breakfast area amongst other guests. The poor girl worked all day and night with NO ASSISTANCE!! I do not understand how the owner of this property could justify having ONE person on staff to deal with all the demands of the day. There were plenty of heads in beds to cover the cost of a few hours of breakfast coverage or maybe a maintenance technician. Not happy at all with breakfast options. Coffee was terrible with one creamer option. Milk was in a pitcher that the whole world used to poor into their ceral, not to mention there was no label. It is hard to image one person being responsible for maintaining breakfast as well as guest needs at the desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Indian Oak! Our two story 61 room hotel is conveniently located off I-80 and I-94 near Lake Michigan, Valparaiso University, and only 5 MINUTES from the Indiana Dunes State Park. Plus Chicago O'Hare International Airport is only 65 miles away, and Chicago Midway International Airport is a brisk 51-mile drive. We offer an amazing location with a gorgeous lake, with lake-view specialty rooms and some of our rooms have fireplaces and whirlpools. Pick up a complimentary newspaper in the lobby before heading to a free full hot breakfast. Afterward, go for a swim in the indoor pool, soak in the hot tub, work up a sweat in the gym. Our hotel features unbeatable amenities including: in-room Wi-Fi, 39" flat screen TVs, mini-fridge, microwaves, and coffee makers in all of our rooms. We have a 24-hour business and fitness center. We also have the Indian Oak Pub where nightcaps are our specialty along with affordable rates. Whether you are the business traveler, traveling for leisure, or with your family, we are just the place for you! We look forward to seeing you soon!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Indian Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Indian Oak Hotel Chesterton
- Best Western Chesterton
- Indian Oak Resort Spa
- Best Western Hotel Chesterton