“Good value”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Dublin
“Good value”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in March 2013 and we found it very comfortable and clean. We had no issues with our room and actually had a quiet night. There weren't many tv channels but the wi-fi worked. Our shower worked fine and there were plenty places to eat around the hotel itself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank POBDublin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Randolph, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is by far the most disgusting place I ever had to stay. Was traveling to Wisconsin in August 2012 and at 2 am in the morning and after stopping for many miles at several places to be told "no vacancies" we finally found this place. (Now I know why this place had available rooms - because NOBODY in their right mind would EVER choose to stay here.) The place reeked the moment we entered but being DEAD TIRED we felt we had no choice but to take the room as I had my 80 year old mother with us and she needed a break from all the riding as well as the driver needing a few hours of shut eye. The moment we entered the room we wanted to turn around and check back out. We had just paid $99 for a cr....phole! The first thing is the headboard was ripped right off the wall and hanging there just flopping back and forth, the room smelt like stinky socks and toe jam, and the moment we went to pull down the bed sheets we found a bright red bug - yuck! - was terrified it was a bedbug but having never seen one, i tried logging onto the advertised "free wifi" to look up what we had found...couldn't connect.At 2 am we couldn't connect? Whats up there? I decided maybe we were just freakin out because of the bad smell and it was probably just some other kind of bug. I made my daughter and Elderly mother keep their luggage closed and sleep on top of the covers FULLY clothed. Next morning (only 3 hours later) we got up and checked out and was on our way. When we got to our destination we connected to the internet to see what the bug we had seen was and YUCK!!! IT WAS WITHOUT ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER definitely A BEDBUG!!!! We called the hotel and asked for a refund of our $99 as certainly that was definitely an overcharge for 3 hours in a bug infested smelly room. What a joke all he would offer us was a "50% off discount for THIS hotel for a future stay." NO WAY I would ever step foot in this hotel again and I am sure he knew that so in essence what he offered us was nothing. In the end we also didn't get our choice rewards points because they never showed us ever staying their on the records (maybe he pocketed our money so he didnt' have to claim it on his taxes, I dont' know.) Just saying. We also notified Choice rewards and all they did is refer us back to THIS hotel to have it settled. Apparently Choice rewards don't care either what kind of rep this hotel is giving them. For this reason I no longer care if I get points because I would never be able to use them anyways! No way will I ever stay in a Choice Rewards hotel again, and definitely NOT any Econo Lodge. I will stick with Radisson, Days Inn and Marriott. If I was ever in that area again I would sleep in the car before I would ever step foot in this hotel again. STAY AWAY......bedbugs are nearly impossible to get rid of if you were to bring them home. NOT WORTH IT!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Chesterton hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2012

While working out of town at a Northwest Indiana refinery I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Chesterton, Indiana for 3 months. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, my room was cleaned every day, sheets changed, towels changed, bathroom cleaned, wi-fi available. rug vacuumed, breakfast free of charge. All this with a very reasonable price. There are plenty of restaurants available within 5 minutes of motel from fast food to upper end restaurants. There is even a medical facility within five minutes if needed. I would recommend the Econo-Lodge for your travel in Chesterton, Indiana.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Shower curtain moldy
torn bedsheet w/ mystery stain (need CSI to investigate!)
Non-draining shower
V V V slow wifi (if posted from premises, you'd be reading this in 2014!)
Mystery yellowish liquid posing as orange juice
Seriously, dude, consider yourself warned!

• Stayed September 2012
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Refrigerator didn't work--not good if needed for medical reasons. Needed a new shower head. Breakfast pretty much non-existent. WiFi reception terrible. Staff was helpful for business needs. Location is good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My hotel room was dirty! The rugs were so filthy I wouldn't let my young daughter sit on the foor to play. The bathroom had hair on the walls, ripped up lamp shades, filthy microwave and refrigerator. It was unbelievable. The room had been painted and there were paint spills, missed places, and paint all over the trim. It looked terrible. The breakfast consisted of tiny rolls that you can buy in a grocery store, nothing else to eat at all. The service was the worst!! We had three people staying in the room and were given 2 bath towels, a hand towel, one wash cloth and two bath soaps. We had to ask three times for more towels before we eventually went to the supply room to get them ourselves. I would never spend any time there again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here at all.