WaterBird Lakeside Inn
Quality Inn(Chesterton)
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was largeshort drivecomfortable bedgeesedunepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My husband and I went here for our 1 yr anniversary. We wanted to stay somewhere that was close to the beach/dunes, and that was nice for the money we wanted to spend.. I had read all the reviews and saw that there were some bad, but also some good. Next time i book a hotel i am going to pay more attention to the reviews and not book a place if they have more than one bad review. We got to the hotel which is right in the middle of everything on a busy intersection...tons of fast foods, and convenience stores all in front of the hotel, it was not secluded at all. The Hotel lobby was beautiful....but then we went to our room. The halls smelled like they JUST cleaned the carpets...(probly because they knew someone was going to actually stay there for 2 nights) so it smelled like deodorizer...then on the outside of our room door it looked like someone had tried to pry it open and break into it. Even though the whole building is non-smoking the room smelled like someone had smoked in it. The room looked nice from just walking into it, but once you took a closer look it wasnt so nice after all. The bathroom walls had spots that werent even painted, the toilet was loose and moved everytime you sat on it. The tub didnt drain well so when you took a shower you stood in 3 inches of standing water. The towels were stained and looked old, and the shower had barely any water pressure. The vent fan in the bathroom didnt work either, and the handles for the sink were loose so they spun all the way around when you turned on the sink. The bed looked nice....but you sat on it and the mattress felt like it was 30 years old. You could feel the springs in it. We pulled back the sheets and found a little black hair! The sheets had stains on them as well. We looked under the bed only to see that it was discusting and dirty. There were old flower petals from when someone must have had a "good time" in there before us. The whirlpool jacuzzi tub was nice and actually worked. ( i think that was the best part of the room) The deck was covered in spider webs and there were spiders all over, as well as other bugs. The lake was gross and green algi covered. People were annoying on other decks around us because they would be non-stop feeding all the seagulls and geese. The walls must be paper thin as well because we were woken up several times by people walking around or moving things in rooms around us. The waterbird is adults only but its connected to a Best Western that has kinds running all around it, which doesnt make sense if its supposed to be kid free.... We didnt pay to get anything done at the spa because we wasted enough money at the hotel just for staying there for 150+ a night for 2 nights and the spa prices were pricey. We wanted to find a nice restaurant in the area and found one, but it was kind of a dissapointment as well. The hotel was close to the beach which was nice, but as far as the hotel over all....i would give it a 1 out of 5 stars. Dont waste your money, just spend a little more for something else. We wanted to have a nice 1st anniversary weekend away and it turned out to be only so so because of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank atsilac03
Reviewed May 16, 2009

This hotel & spa was great! The staff greeted me with a smile, and was willing to help accommodate my walk-in spa appointments. my massage was excellent, and the staff really had good knowledge of their expertise. After our massages, the front desk attendant recommended an excellent restaurant called lucrezia's. When we returned after dinner, the hotel was sooo peaceful we enjoyed the incredicle night time view of the lake. Entirely enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funlover22
Reviewed November 12, 2007

We have stayed at this facility several times and always had a great time until this past stay. We arrived around 2PM and when we were taken to our room our bed still was unmade. I called down to the front desk and they sent someone to make up the bed. The room was ok, nothing great, although they stated that the quilt in our room was quite expensive. There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room and it is a non-smoking facility. Two days before our stay we received a call from them stating that they had not given us the correct amount for our room and charged me another $29. They also had our reservation wrong, according to them we were arriving Saturday and leaving Monday, when in fact we were arriving Friday and leaving Sunday. I had checked on this reservation several times as the written verification had us arriving in September and I just wanted to be sure that the dates were correct. I had requested a massage with the best massuese that they have and they told me that I would have a specific girl. When it came time for my massage I had a young girl, only a month out of school, doing my massage. She was ok but not what I had asked for. Later in the day we received a call from the manager asking if we were smoking in the room as someone had complained that they could smell cigarette smoke on the deck. My husband and I were in our room watching a movie and by no means smoking. Well this was the straw that broke my back. I went down to the front desk and told them I didn't like being accused of something we weren't doing and I told them about what all had transpired during this stay. I also told them we would be leaving and never returning to their facility. In the process of leaving I forgot a pair of shoes and when I called them I was told all rooms had not been cleaned yet so if they found them I would receive a call. I don't expect that to happen.

We will never return to that facility again......should have read the other reviews better.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank ERICSGRAN
Reviewed September 18, 2007

my husband and i went here for our anniversary. The room was ok, nothing special for being the "best" in the house. The lake was green and scummy, their were spiders and spiderwebs all over the deck. we had to have someone come clean off the webs so we could sit outside. their pool is more like a hot tub and the sauna wont hold 2 people. their breakfast was a couple tiny pieces of half rotted fruit and 2 dried up small muffins and juice. was nothing like i expected. paid way too much for what little we got!

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank lola2859
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I came for a wedding and loved the accomadations. The staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and the view was amazing. I recommended this place to all my friends!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank cutlass