“Okay Mediterranean food”

Lemon Tree Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Chesterton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 28, 2014

When my daughter and I were there for lunch we each ordered different items. Our food was so lemony that we couldn't even eat it. I believe it is unfair to try a restaurant one time and give a bad review so we really should be fair and go back for lunch. We also eat Mediterranean food in Chicago and comparing the Lemon Tree to Chicago is very unfair.

There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Mediterranean Grill

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a fantacstic way of getting Mediterranean food, as opossed to a tradional sit down restaurant. It makes ordering lunch quick and convenient. I got a bowl with Jasmine rice and chicken shawerma, which was not dry at all and it tasted very good. The Tabouleh was pretty good, I have had better but it was tasty. The humus seemed a little thin and it was served cold but nothing to complain about just different than I've had. The pita was very soft. The falafel, super tasty probably my favorite part. The portion is pretty big as I had it for lunch and had leftovers. The price is a tad bit higher for lunch than I would have liked to have paid, but it was well worth it, so I didn't mind. All in all, a great place to eat, as I just started working in the area, I wll be a regular visitor.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Was totally surprised to find this Mediterranean Grill in Chesterton. We were driving to Chico and decided to stop. The location is the end of a strip mall..looked so neat and clean, we stopped. What a great treat!

The food was fantastic. I had the healthful living with falafel (moist and tasty) couscous, cabbage salad..it was excellent. My friend had a bowl with marinated chicken. You build them and the staff is fantastic. I just told them to fix me up. Jordan and Lauren were great. We would come back here frequently...wanted to try more, but we were full (with leftovers to take on the road).

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have eaten here several times since it opened. They have gotten their act together and have the some great flavor selections, I always like the felafel. The chicken shawarma and the beef kabob were good. My wife liked the lamb stew. But they need to seriously find another solution instead of the porous cardboard carry out boxes for the bowl dishes . . . they get soggy and are a real turnoff, Perhaps they need to line them with waxed paper?

1  Thank BaldEagleMenace
Reviewed September 16, 2013

When one stops at this former home of Subway, one can be forgiven for thinking the food is only so-so. However, nothing could be further from the truth. I've been to a number of classy Mediterranean eating establishments and this isn't one of them. But don't let that fool you, as the food is magnificent. The falafel especially never disappoints and the wraps are beyond filling...and tasty as well. You get to specify everything exactly as you want it while standing right in front of where your items are being made. In that sense, it's very much the same process employed by the Subway that moved across the street into bigger quarters. Don't miss the brewed ice tea, a delicately spiced drink that is surprisingly refreshing. Another thing to not miss is their homemade potato chips...not too oily and usually fried just right. (Sometimes they might be hit and miss.) You carry your own food to the table, but that's a small price to pay for really good, healthy food, somewhat atypical for a town like Chesterton, at a more than reasonable price.