“Great Food”

Villa Nova
Ranked #24 of 72 Restaurants in Chesterton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Storefront Italian restaurant and pizzeria in cozy little downtown Chesterton.
Reviewed May 7, 2012

New to the Chesterton area. Best thin crust pizza around!! A welcome change to the chain pizzas in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Located right downtown, this charming little pizzeria is everything a pizza bistro should be. The pizzas are thin crust, and the crust is lightly delectable and focus one's attention on the toppings, which aren't extravagant, but quite effective. It's wonderful to be able to taste all the fresh ingredients in each bite...the staff clearly knows how to combine ingredients into a pleasing pie. This is pizza that excited both parties I took there, leading to comments that it was among the best they've ever tasted. Despite being thin and without heaping volumes of ingredients on top, the overall result of enjoying each slice lets one feel quite satisfied. I hope they can maintain the quality as the word of their success spreads.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a late dinner and we were very pleasantly surprised. Salad dressings, bread, pasta, sauces, and ALL the desserts are made in house. We had salads and then split a pasta and the calamari. Everything was VERY good. I was stuffed after the pasta, but couldn't resist taking a piece of homemade apple pie home for the next day. Everything was so good, that the pie never saw the light of day!

Also, to give some context, my wife and I have both worked in restaurants for years, and she still works a couple of nights a week in a fine dining restaurant. On top of that, we've traveled to Italy and have eaten at a LOT of Italian places in Chicago and NW IN. This one was suprisingly good, and the prices were outstanding.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Villa Nova has great food. their margherita pizza is awesome. We also love their sandwiches. Our kids love this place as well.