“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The entire experience from booking via phone with special accommodations to checking out was perfect. The entire staff was professional and friendly. Lobby was beautiful, rooms were clean and spacious, location was easy to find. Best experience I've had with a Hilton to date. Will stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
It certainly seems that we exceeded all your expectations and that you stay at the hotel was a wonderful time. Thank you for writing such a super review. In writing reviews you give me the feedback I need to make sure our staff is providing the service they should be. From your review I would say the staff is going far beyond and that is certainly a great quality to have in my staff.

Eileen Howat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Winchester, Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We picked this hotel because of the good reviews and was not disappointed. Its in a good location, close to several places. My kids played in the pool/hot tub a lot! Hotel was clean and quiet. We didn't eat at the hotels restaurant but we did eat at the Bob Evans right beside it. We filled up at the gas station right across from the hotel. The housekeeping people were all friendly. One guy, not sure if he was maintenance man or what, took time out of his work to help us cover our baby and computer before we went out in the rain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a nice review about the hotel and staff. I think the person you are referrng to, who helped you in the rain was a maintenace man named Ray. He is a real attribute to our staff. He constantly goes out of his way to help each guest. All of our staff is extremely friendly and helpful and it appears you noticed this when you stayed here.
Please stop and visit again when you are in the area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Chesterton to visit the dunes and the beach. Hotel was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very fresh and had a variety of food choices to choose from. Not much is in Chesterton so family drove over to Michigan City to the outlet shops-- they had some nice stores especially the men's coach store -- husband was quite impressed.

• Stayed July 2013
It is always a pleasure to read a review such as yours. I am delighted you had such a comfortable stay at the hotel. You are correct in stating that there is not much in Chesterton to see but there are a few really nice shops and some great restaurants. Also Valparaiso is about 8 miles south of the hotel and they have a lovely little town so when you come back through please stop and visit the hotel again. Nice to see your husband actually enjoyed shopping at the Outlet Mall

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was convenient for us as we wanted to go to Indiana Dunes State Park and New Buffalo.

Pool and hot tub were nice as well as work out room. We did not eat breakfast at hotel so cannnot comment.

The HUGE DOWNSIDE IS BUGS. The first night my daughter got a bunch of bites all around here ankles and feet. Thought it could be spider bites? The next night I got bites on my feet and she got a few more. We slept in the same bed. When we met up with our friends who stayed across the hall we foundd out that 2 out of 3 of them had got bitten that second night as well. We checked for bedbugss but did not see any. Could be fleas? Not sure if they allow pets or not. Won't stay again due to the bug bites. Otherwise we would stay as we liked the location.

• Stayed July 2013
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that were some bugs in your room. I can assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of all our guests and I thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our pest control provider. We will do everything we can to make sure we take the necessary precautions so that none of our guests have to deal with this inconvenient issue. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

SC
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a five night stay here. Our room was very clean. We used the guest laundry facility, and the indoor pool, but didn't try the restaurant. We were very pleased. The only complaint I have is that it sounded like a small herd of early rising elephants were rooming above us for two nights. We couldn't hear any noise from neighboring rooms. There was also some exterior painting going on, which didn't affect my stay at all. The location is close enough to Porter, Chesterton, and Valparaiso, but located in a quiet area. A clean gas station and a Bob Evans restaurant are very close by.

• Stayed July 2013
I was happy to read that your stay was exactly what you though it would be. Our motto is You Can Count On Us and it appears we exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for the noise. If the front desk is told about it they will contact the noisy guest and ask them to quiet down.
Please stay with us again when you are in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I chose the area so I could stop and avoid rush hour in the Chicago area. Every employee I met up with was pleasant, smiling and helpful. We were driving from Annapolis to Omaha, and after the roadwork in Ohio and Indiana, this was a wonderful oasis.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Being called an oasis is a first but a very welcome first. Several people like you have stayed with us while traveling across the country and trying to avoid the rush hour traffic of chicago.
I am very thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that the staff treated you as they should have.
Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome by the staff, great location and very clean. Quiet area close to Chicago, Illinois. Breakfast was super great and affordable. Great gym and pool/jacuzzi. Internet was a little slow but that's something I can live with.

• Stayed June 2013
I was so happy to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to write it. It sounds like the staff exceeded your expectations and you truly enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Asst GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Best Western Indian Oak
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
#4 of 5 in Chesterton
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Best Western Plus Portage Hotel & Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!