“Grass-fed burgers in a cozy nook”
Review of Octave Grill

Octave Grill
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Chesterton
Reviewed July 8, 2012

To me, beef is beef, but I know a good burger when I taste it--and my burger was thick-n-juicy with a bakery-made brioche bun--the tater tots are a fun side.

Octave itself is a chill, cozy nook with an arty-casual feel. No takeout on Fridays/Saturdays between 6-9pm, but the waitress was happy to let me wait for my pre-6pm carryout order and promptly offered me a glass of ice-water to help me beat the heat.

We had the Gouda-BBQ burger and Cuban sandwich. Both yum-yum. They use quality local ingredients, and it shows. Check out 3rd Coast Spice Cafe for breakfast food like this.

Octave Grill is named for railroad civil engineer/pilot Octavius Chanute.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our family of four had a FANTASTIC dinner here on a Saturday evening in June. Our group included two children (ages 9 and 7) and one vegan, and everyone really enjoyed their meal. We found the Octave Grill via TripAdvisor, showed up around 7 pm without a reservation, and happily waited 20 minutes for a table in this small restaurant. The place has a friendly, casual, creative vibe, with a wide variety of good music playing (e.g., Johnny Cash, Fleet Foxes, etc.), a large number of excellent beers on tap, and an inspired menu. I had the Denver burger, which comes topped with ham, an egg sunny side up, and a specialty aioli. Service was attentive, helpful, and very friendly. The Octave Grill was a definite highlight of our visit to the Indiana Dunes State Park and we will be coming back every time we are in this general area.

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Great hamburgers with any toppings you desire. The burger of the month featured jalapenos, bacon, cheese and aioli. But, our vegan was very happy with the hummus and edamame appetizers. Nice selection if local craft beers on tap. Didn't have room for dessert but the pineapple upside down cake looked delicious.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

A small restaurant - easy to miss - downtown Chesterton. Gourmet food. Excellent service. Sweet potato tater tots - yummy!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Their specialty is gourmet burgers and they are tasty and juicy probably because they are using premium grass fed beef. I would call this more of an "adult" and "teen" restaurant. Bringing a family with small children could be difficult, since the restaurant is very small and tables are extremely close to each other. If you are going on a casual date night, this is a perfect spot. Prices seem fair for the amount of food that you receive.