Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Trails

Reviewed July 12, 2017
Aaron C
via mobile
Nice spot to get away from people

Reviewed December 28, 2011
hawkedd
Richmond, IN

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 7, 2018

This place is new (only a little over a year old). The area is beautiful and peaceful. The trails are nice (but could be marked better). The staff is very welcoming and helpful.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Went on 2 field trips with grand child. It was a nice facility for that, but not any place that I would decide to go on my own. Sure lots of people would enjoy the facility.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Very nice trails. I enjoy walking the trails at cope better than some of the other local places in the area. I have not been for quite awhile so now that I'm thinking about it I will be making a trip really soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We have visited the Cope Environmental Center several times. It is located just south of U.S 40 between Richmond and Centerville. There is no cost and there are several trails that traverse the area. There are some displays for recycling and composting as well as descriptions along some of the trails. They do offer special events and workshops etc at the facility but we always go just to walk the trails. I would rate the difficulty of the trails as easy or maybe moderate at most.
The trails cover older wooded areas, regrowth areas with brush and smaller trees, open fields and some small ponds. We particularly enjoy the pond in the middle with the bald cypress trees on the north side.
It isn't large but someone could enjoy an afternoon or morning there just to get away from civilization for a while.
You can join the organization which allows you to access more instructional activities if you would like.

3  Thank hawkedd