“Trails”

Cope Environmental Center
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Very nice trails. I enjoy walking the trails at cope better than some of the other local places in the area. I have not been for quite awhile so now that I'm thinking about it I will be making a trip really soon.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We have visited the Cope Environmental Center several times. It is located just south of U.S 40 between Richmond and Centerville. There is no cost and there are several trails that traverse the area. There are some displays for recycling and composting as well as descriptions along some of the trails. They do offer special events and workshops etc at the facility but we always go just to walk the trails. I would rate the difficulty of the trails as easy or maybe moderate at most.
The trails cover older wooded areas, regrowth areas with brush and smaller trees, open fields and some small ponds. We particularly enjoy the pond in the middle with the bald cypress trees on the north side.
It isn't large but someone could enjoy an afternoon or morning there just to get away from civilization for a while.
You can join the organization which allows you to access more instructional activities if you would like.

Date of experience: October 2011