“Great Pit Stop”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Pit Stop”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were traveling from Ohio to Indianapolis and I have to admitted we were pulled into this place by the signs boasting the best restrooms around. We definitely needed a pit stop and we decided on this. It was much nicer than I expected and a great opportunity to get out and walk around and enjoy the shop. We didn't eat at the cafe, but the food options looked good. I thought the candy prices were a little high, but its a specialty shop. If you are sensitive to scents this is not the place for you. My 14 year old daughter ended up having to leave the store because she got a headache because the scents were so strong and just all mixed together. I personally would recommend a stop off here, even just for the photo op with the "huge" candle!

Visited May 2014

Columbus, OH
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Stop by the Cafe for Lunch”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have always driven by the giant candle on freeway to Indy. This trip on way out saw jumbo billboards for Awesome Restrooms, Expansive Gift Shop, etc and said "why not". Stopped on a Sunday about 30 minutes before closing (cafe closes at 5 on Sunday/shop at 7). It is a giant gift shop and was fun to look around. Candles were pretty but didn't notice much scent to them. We were there for the cafe and "awesome restrooms" so my review is on that. Our group went with several of the individual pizzas--- white pizza delicious. I had a BBQ taco which is a corncake stacked with BBQ, slaw, lettuce, cheese, sour cream. The sandwiches and salads looked good too. Granted we hadn't eaten since breakfast and were very hungry by then but honestly this was very good food that I would have made the trek to eat at in my home town if it was here. They said they make the pizza dough from scratch.
You order at counter and they have tables set up there. Nothing fancy as far as that goes but the food was very good and I would take it over fast food on the road or Panera (which I do like) any day. Top it off they had yummy homemade desserts. The huge peach cobbler with ice cream was really, really good.
Do yourself a favor if you are grabbing lunch on the road and stop by for a quick one. You'll be glad you did.

Visited January 2014
Michigan
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Fun shopping”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My sister and I stopped here as part of the Chocolate Trail and I'm glad we did. Besides the candles, they have a nice selection of candies, home goods, kids items and accessories. My sister and I bought matching fashion scarves, she got a nice pair of earrings, we both bought some candy and I bought 6 bags of scent chips for the warmers. If you buy 5 of any one kind of candle, you get a 6th free. So I spent $20 for 6 scents and another $20 on the other items. If you do the chocolate trail you get a free chocolate scented votive, the passport also has a good coupon for this place, but we forgot about it!! Won't do that again! I plan on returning to the area in the spring and shopping here again.

Visited October 2013
WI
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Charleston, WV. It is located off the highway, very easy to find! The candle is huge and it is a great photo - op, my friend is 6'4" and looked short compared to the candle. Don't forget to stop in the shop. There were candles, in a variety of size and scents and cute little sign sayings, I wish I would have purchased some :(

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very interesting little place”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped by here to use the restroom. It was more than I had expected! The whole place is very funky shaped. The candles themselves were very interesting, and there were many scents. The bathrooms were very nice, as the sign on the interstate said. I wish I had more time to look! It's a great stop for when you pass through.

Visited July 2013