“Our meal was Wonderfully Tasty and service was Great”
Review of Lighthouse

Lighthouse
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cedar Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our dinner was so good. Had the Ahi appetizer which was a very nice portion and had two sauces and a small salad with it. My husband had a steak and I had the perch, cooked perfectly and tasty. I liked their cole slaw (which came with my perch), it's not overly coated with sauce and very fresh. It gets very busy so make reservations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had not been there since they had first opened. Very disappointed at that time!
A group of seven arrived with reservations. Lovely seating in the lake view room, watched the sun set! The pork chop was succulent , perfectly grilled and extremely delicious.....MWell.
Servers were knowledgable, efficient and well trained in their profession. They really took care of everyone! Looking forward to returning soon.
Be sure to have reservations!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Heard both good and bad about this place. Have to say it is the latter. The good is ambiance, drinks and atmosphere although a little too noisy. The bad all of our food and everything is so overpriced. No plans to return.

4  Thank unknowndiner
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was very excited to visit the restaurant because I had heard such rave reviews. It is a very beautiful place with great views. Would love to go back just to have a drink and an appetizer and watch the sunset. But my dinner of Filet Mignon had almost no flavor, was not cooked very well, the potatoes were cold. Our server did take them back for a new order of potatoes, but they were lukewarm as well. The sea bass was very good, I will say. Afterwards, we went to the bar for an after dinner drink where it took 10 minutes to be served, even though they had 4 bartenders working. And our bartender did not seem very happy, and when we told him to smile he said "not for free". Hmmmm. I will go back because I like the atmosphere, but I will not order a steak for sure. And I would advise them to hire a few bartenders who make you want to come back to the bar for a drink instead of trying to scare you off.

2  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My table was the last to receive food at a recent wedding. So, when the rolls came, there were not enough pretzel rolls. Not only did we have to wait for more bread, but then it was not pretzel rolls. They came when we were practically done eating and too full. Manager said our party eats a lot of bread. My friend did not get the steak he ordered because they ran out. This showed me they didn't pay attention to cards where people had it marked chicken or steak. He was a good sport. I thought it was ridiculous and unorganized. The food was good, but nothing special that I'm dying to get back there for. We seemed to wait quite awhile for our food, but at least I like the lake. Even though, its polluted water you get a view into it. I don't see what the big hype is about this place.

9  Thank cindy c