“Good North Indian Style Restaurant”

Amber Indian Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 273 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food is mild and not much spicy.The food is cooked mostly in the North Indian Style.The Buffet is very good, and lots of choice for both Veg and Non-Veg customers.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Speedy delivery (through foodler.com) and great Indian food! As someone commented, it was a tad salty, but that's not a turn-off for me. It was flavorful and seemingly authentic. We have had Indian at a few places in Indy and this was the top - the delivery option makes it unmissable.

I had the chicken Makhni which was creamy and delicious. The chicken was plentiful and the sauce was incredible. We also had the bhaighan bhartha (eggplant), chicken vindaloo, aloo gobhi (cauliflower), vegetable samosas and potato pakoras. The pakoras were the saltiest of the bunch.We also had garlic naan, which was great. It was all wonderful, and I would order it again without hesitation.

My only suggestion would be to number or name the cartons - we had a hard time telling the vindaloo from the makhni. It was a tad spendy ($88 with tip and delivery fee for 3 folks), but we ordered a lot and will have a whole meal left over.

The delivery was 20 minutes early, which was great, but I can see it being a problem if you were waiting on guests.

Overall - excellent Indian, fast delivery. A little heavy on the salt, but that's not too much of downside to me!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

So deliscious, always a teat ! We always get good service and great food here. We especially enjoy their vegetarian dishes since we don't eat meat.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ordered Tandoori fish and it was the cooked in a skillet like a sizzler and did not have a taste of Tandoor cooked fish. Was disappointed. I ordered Karahi Goat and it was full of half cooked onions and goat was not well cooked. You had to fight to take the meat out of bones. I asked for water and I got it without ice. So I asked can I have iced water I was told by waiter that he can bring ice separately. One of the disappointing Indian restaurants I have been in Indianapolis. I used to go to Taj and loved there food but now I found out that Amber India owns the restaurant.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

we have eaten in all the fine indian restraunts over uk including ash'as in birmimgham. I will honastly say the food from Amber would give them a good run. eventhough the price are a qaurter off ash's prices

eating is a must