“Great Sandwiches”
Review of Shapiro's Delicatessen - CLOSED

Shapiro's Delicatessen
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Shapiro's Delicatessen in Carmel closed on Father's Day June 2013.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Took a day off to do some shopping with my wife in Carmel and we had heard so much about Shapiro's Deli from friends that we finally decided to try it...it was awesome. Best sandwich shop around!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

and i worry that they might close while fighting with the city over rents. Kosher food, great rye bread, HUGE sandwichs and tapioca pudding make every trip a joy.

1  Thank reeagle
Reviewed April 23, 2013

In my January, 2013 review I'd mentioned the pre-poured, watered-down drinks. Just wanted to post an update to mention that this problem is solved! This is yet another reason why I love Shapiro's.

They've installed one of those space-aged Coke machines, where you can select the type of Coke product, flavorings, etc. I think it's great, but even more importantly, my teen-aged daughter has approved.

1  Thank amcalexa
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great deli. The pastrami and corned beef are excellent. The chopped liver is very good. It's the only place in town where the rye bread is real rye bread, with a crust that is a "must have" for a great sandwich. Plus the folks behind the counter are super friendly. I grew up 30 minutes outside of NY and I give Shapiro's two thumbs up!

1  Thank Chuck11829
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Shapiro's is an institution in Indy. Huge corned beef sandwiches are the mainstay. I have eaten there many times. Usually, it is very good, but the corned beef can be fatty. Pastrami is probably a better choice.