“Worth a trip back to Indiana! ”

Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 259 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Tennessee
“Worth a trip back to Indiana! ”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This is not your average burger. I've often said "a burger is a burger". Now I must admit I was wrong. So wrong. I was in Indiana for business when a co-worker suggested going here. We went as a group at lunch. There was a wait for outdoor tables, so we sat inside. It was quite loud in there and hard to hear those right across the table. But who needs to talk when you can eat food this good!

I ordered the regular beef burger because I wasn't feeling brave enough to try the elk. I went with the 1/4 pound (options are 1/8 lb, 1/4 lb, 1/2 lb, and 1 lb). Note: I wasn't able to finish my entire burger!

The burger was seasoned like I've never had before. Amazing. The flavor was out of this world. The cheese was melted on there perfectly. And the bun. Oh my gosh....the bun was to die for. I don't know what it was or how they fixed it, but wow. Delicious.

On another note, our table ordered burgers from multiple combinations of rare to well done. Everyone was pleased with how their burger was cooked. I was the one who ordered well done and can say it was perfect.

Most at our table ordered the 1/2 pound and one later admitted that he could have probably eaten the 1 pound. Again, I couldn't even finish my 1/4 pound. Those who ordered elk loved it.

If I am ever anywhere near Bub's again, I will definitely make a point to go back here for the most delicious burger (and bun) I've ever had. YUMMY!

Sara
“The buns alone are amazing!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stopped there driving through and we were very happy with that decision. Great food and nice family friendly environment.

• Visited July 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place to feed the family”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Bub's is the best "non secret" place in Carmel. You will always have to wait on getting a table, most days of the year (I live just 3 minutes from the place consistently see the line on my way to and from work), but it'll be worth it. They offer a small menu - 3 beef burgers, 3 elk burgers and a mahi mahi fish sandwich. I always go for the fish sandwich, it is good quality and the foccacia bread a bit heavenly. The sweet potato fries are my favorite, but you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The "Big Ugly" is a favorite - if you eat it, you get your picture on the wall! Man vs Food made the place a bigger hit with out of towners.

• Visited June 2014
Fishers, Indiana
“A destination spot for famous burgers”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

It had been some time since any of us had been to Bub's. On a summer evening, the area was buzzing making the atmosphere perfect.

The burgers are amazing. Weather you get the beef version or the elk, the burgers are bursting with flavor. If you dare, you can tie on the feed basket and try to tackle the 1 lb Big Ugly.

The staff is very friendly and responsive. The atmosphere is great. The food is top notch. Make this a destination trip for a great experience.

Visited July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The Big Ugly!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went to try their 1 lb (after cooking) burger challenge. Most food challenges are of ridiculous proportions, but this one seemed manageable. As far as taste goes, it was very good, though not challenging for the best burger I've had by any means. Though the law of diminishing returns definitely took effect towards the end the last few bites tasted no where near as good as the first. Still, the mission was accomplished and my photo is on the wall with many, many others. Fun experience!

• Visited June 2014