“Always good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood

Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 261 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meridian Street (State Route 31)
Description: Welcome to Mitchell’s Fish Market, located at Clay Terrace in Carmel, just 15 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

You can always count on a good meal at Mitchell's Fish Market. I have been to this restaurant 6-8 times over the last couple of years, and each time I go, the servers are well trained, the choices are what you would expect from a "fish market restaurant", and the food is consistent. This isn't a bland review, it is just that the experience is always what I expect, which is a good compliment to a restaurant. That is the name of the game...meet expectations. So, this isn't a place that screams "great times to be had" but a restaurant that performs a good dinner, with a good number of seafood choices, that will be consistently ....good.
I like that in a place where I am going to lay down $25 for a dinner.

• Visited October 2013

Noblesville, Indiana
“Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was my first time at Mitchell's Fish Market and I didn't know what to expect. Everything was first rate to the staff to the quality of the seafood. The bread was warm from the oven. My clam chowder was the best I've had. I've eaten many different chowders too.

Our meals were delivered in a prompt fashion. We enjoyed a three course meal within an hour time period. I enjoyed twin lobster tails. Yummy. Make sure you try the Shark Fin Pie for dessert.

Visited September 2013
Newborn, Georgia
“Upscale chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Yes it is a chain. Which I try to stay away from when I can. However, I've been to the one in Cincinnati at the urging of a co-worker. He said "you have to get the lobster bisque". I did, and my life hasn't been the same since. I have had bisque about a half dozen times, and this restaurant does it better than all of the others. My visit to the Carmel, IN. location wasn't an exception. The bisque was devine. Again.
I also had the cedar plank cod. They put a dollop of goat cheese on top of the pan seared cod. The piquant touch is a nice finish. However, they don't season the dish enough. Just tasted like plain old steamed veggies under the fish. Good. But not as good as it could have been.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis
“Lovin' Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The luncheon lobster specials were a great value with the salad being my favorite. The tails were ample, but a bit overdone. Butter in a warmer was a nice touch. Outdoor seating was enjoyable and the service superb. How nice to have fresh seafood of this quality in Indy!

Visited September 2013
Charleston, Illinois
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

From the piping hot loaves of bread with the fresh churned butter to the wedge of salad with fresh blue cheese dressing to the broiled rainbow trout our meal was extraordinary! The service was wonderful too. What more can I say? Give this place a try.

• Visited August 2013