“Excellent pizza, good friendly service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #19 of 261 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Full Service restaurant specializing in Spring Water Dough Pizzas, Calzones, Pretzels along with Fresh Made Daily Salads, Hoagies and Appetizers. Opened in 2003.
Carmel, Indiana
“Excellent pizza, good friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't had pizza in awhile and not had MM. Wife Nd I went on a weekday night. Very good margarita pizza unusual crust that was very good. Service was good, friendly. Good selection of draft and bottled beer. Many local craft beers. Sat in bar area which is nice to have available esp. If a a lot of kids tonite there were not.
Plan on returning as we enjoyed it very much.

Visited October 2013

Noblesville, Indiana
“One Excellent Pizza Pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This review is based on my visit to the Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria on September 23, 2013. Check out the web site to get a feel for the decor of the restaurants, it can be described as '70s funky and fun. The store is clean and the booths are large and comfortable. Its a good thing because the pizza pies range from about 10" to 16-18" in size. The crust is traditional style thick with a crispy bottom layer and a light airy center. The crust is slightly salty and buttery. I believe MM uses a rye flour mix, whatever the case, it and the sauce and toppings (especially the sausage) are outstanding.

The restaurant offers all the standard drink choices and has a pub area off toward the front of the hotel for those who wish to have an adult beverage. This next point is really important for us, the restaurant offers king size servings of milk for parents and kids with refills at no extra charge. Have you every eaten out and paid $10 for milk refills? We have.

The service is energetic and attentive. The pies take a little while to cook (20 min or so) so plan accordingly. Its worth the wait.

Megan served us during our visit. She possesses the charm and grace of a soft spoken Midwesterner, has a warm and engaging smile and it a wonderful host.

If ever in Carmel, Indiana enjoy the Mellow Mushroom :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fishers, Indiana
“Yummmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

A delicious pizza parlor with a seventies flair. During the summer they have outdoor dining which is nice as well. Mellow Mushroom sells beer as well as soda, and I believe mixed drinks in the small bar area. But above all else, the pizza ROCKS!!!!

Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic Pizza! Gluten free also”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

SO many wonderful choices!! So many toppings..you can choose your own or they have a house special that is delicious. The regular crust is crisp on the outside yet warm and soft when you bite in..YUMMY!! The Gluten Free was good too..tho a little grainy it is a wonderful treat to be able to order. Beer ( gluten free also) and wine is a plus. The menu also includes Calazones, Salads and more...I will be going back soon!!

Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A total disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

While living in Atlanta, GA I fell in love with Mellow Mushroom Pizza. I love their whimsical restaurant and funky pizzas that you normally don't see in any other pizza restaurants. When I moved north I was sad that there was no Mellow Mushroom. I was excited to see a location on Trip Advisor for Carmel, IN. While in town for the "500" I made this a priority dining experience for myself and friend (who had never eaten at a Mellow Mushroom). The restaurant was not overly busy. We sat in the high top tables at the bar area. Another couple walked in behind us and too sat in the bar area. We were waited on after the other couple was waited on. Our table ordered 2 small specialty pizzas and an order of garlic bread. We received our bread in a reasonable time but it seemed like the pizza was taking forever. I looked over at the couple who had sat down after us and they were already eating their pizza. After about 10 more minutes of waiting I looked again and the couple had received their bill...we were still waiting for our pizza. We asked one of the servers if our order had gotten "lost" and she said she would check and that it should be up soon. We finally received our pizza which had burnt crust on the bottom. I wouldn't have eaten mine except that I had not eaten all day and was hungry. We complained about the slow service and they did apologize. We saw some carryout customers come in and the cashier apologized about the slow service. I don't get what is wrong, they were not busy. We were in the restaurant an hour and a half total. I think that is acceptable if you are a leisurely diner or if the restaurant is busy but not when it is slow. I don't feel that this restaurant should be called Mellow Mushroom as it doesn't live up to the quality that the other Mellow Mushroom Pizza places have.

• Visited May 2012