“Excellent ”

Order Online
Ranked #5 of 317 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Charleston's is a casual, upbeat restaurant with a modestly priced menu featuring traditional American classics prepared from scratch daily. Charleston's focuses on providing it's guests with excellent price value and selecting the highest quality ingredients.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife had the rack of ribs with coleslaw and baked beans. I had the French Dip with fries. The French Dip was the best I’ve ever had. The fries were good too. We loved this place. I have been to a few. Service and food is top notch.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (241)

Reviewed August 27, 2019

First off, we were greeted at the door by some very lovely young ladies. Our server was Brian and he was awesome and had great suggestions. Our food was excellent, I do think they are overpriced when Texas Roadhouse is across the parking lot and their food is awesome as well. 77.00 for dinner with 1 beer for two people is a little pricey when I didn't even have a steak.. Probably would not go back at those prices. My baked potato was not cooked, hard inside . I did address it with our server but opted not to send it back. The veggies were very good.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

Last night, my wife and I were running late to get home, so we stopped here for dinner. Judging by the cars in the parking lot, the place seemed busy. But we were seated right away, and the server came promptly. I did not see many vacant seats, and the place was buzzing with dinner conversation from various parties.
My wife wanted a Bison Burger, but they had just run out of it. She picked Walt's Champagne Chicken Salad. She said the chicken was tasty.
I thought of getting Prime Rib, but since it was already late, I chose a "lighter" Hoosier B.P.T. (Breaded Pork Tenderloin)with French fries, which were more like string fries. I did not expect it to be that big! Our server said it was a popular choice. I ate only half, and took the other half home. The pork itself was actually rather bland, but I guess the locals like it this way.
As my wife and I returned to our car, we were glad we had dinner, but she was not thrilled about the prospect of going back. There are other restaurants nearby.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

The greeters, server and manager were very courteous and checked on us throughout the drinks, meal and after.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 15, 2019

We ate here with our daughter and family for her birthday dinner. There were nine of us, including her five children, and we were able to get one big table for all. Unfortunately, it was very crowded and very, very, loud, so that you were lucky to be able to have a conversation with the person sitting right next to you. That was unfortunate as I wanted to catch up on what each grandchild had to say. Luckily, the food was good, so at least each of us got something they liked to eat. For my money, their menu selections are just too limited to be somewhere my wife and I would normally pick for a dinner out, but it was where our daughter wanted for her birthday so we were happy to oblige.

Date of visit: June 2019