“Always Delicious!”

Charleston's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 295 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Charleston's is a casual, upbeat restaurant with a modestly priced menu featuring traditional American classics prepared from scratch daily. Charleston's focuses on providing it's guests with excellent price value and selecting the highest quality ingredients.
Reviewed October 3, 2018

One of our Go-To restaurants for just our grown-up selves (with or without friends) where we get seated in the bar area, or with family and Grands seated in the nicely appointed dining room. The service was prompt and very pleasant. The Baby Back Ribs succulent and fall off the bone tender, the sides of coleslaw and fries for myself and the vegetable du jour for the husband, so tasty too. They have a full bar with appropriately priced adult beverages. Both the bar and restaurant can get very busy especially on a Friday or Saturday evening, so if you arrive after 6:00pm ish, good to plan for a short wait.

AdamS9786, General Manager at Charleston's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! Both myself and my staff really appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We were a party of 11 persons so we had to Reserve a day ahead as it difficult to find a table ready for such a large group..I liked the place,the Decoration the receptionists and the service stuff as they were very efficient,, The Menu figured with almost everything Poultry, Steaks,Fish, and Shrimps also Pastas,Main Dish, Salads,Sandwiches...
I had a Chicken Piccata & différent plates of Hamburger Sandwiches,Chicken Tenders,etc..We all were satisfied ..My only Remarque is the very poor Selection of Desserts only Two..
I will return for sure & I Recommend this Restaurant

AdamS9786, General Manager at Charleston's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you so much for coming in! We really appreciate the feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed the food and service. We do also feature two extra deserts that are not no the menu. Come on back by and try them out! Thank you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife has been talking about this restaurant for 8 years. She was right. Food was fantastic. Best ribs I ever had and I know BBQ. The sides are amazing.huge portions and fair prices. Desserts are out of this world. Bread pudding was incredible and cheesecake like no other.

As good as the food is the service even better. Tara our server was outstanding. Great knowledge of menu and very attentive made us feel valued.

Assistant manager Isiah made the rounds to checkout how we were doing. Nice guy. Very hospitable and knowledgeable.

Thanks again for a great meal and time.
We will definitely be back soon

Adam S, General Manager at Charleston's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Wow, thank you so much for this review. I am so glad you enjoyed the experience, the food and the service. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

In Carmel on business, I tried Charleston’s for dinner. The ambiance was excellent, the service was great, and the food was terrific! I had the Shrimp Scampi and it was delicious. I’ll definitely return.

Adam S, General Manager at Charleston's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing us while you are in town! We really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I had never been to Charleston's despite many trips to Carmel to visit family. It is apparently a favorite of theirs but somehow we had never made it.

For the last night of my recent visit that was the dining choice and it was certainly a pleasant one.

This is a big place that features comfort food but seems to do a good job of a comparatively standard menu. I opted for baby back ribs and substituted cole slaw for fries and was delighted by both.

The ribs were incredibly tender and loaded with meat. They serve a full rack, which was more than I could eat so it actually provided the entree for my dinner the next night. The cole slaw was also terrific. It wasn't just soaking in some white pre-made dressing like what you get in many restaurants. It had a sweet vinegar flavor while maintaining good texture.

The whole table split a bread pudding dessert which was, as they say, "to die for". If someone ate the whole thing I think this description would be literal.

Charleston's isn't a place to go looking for haute cuisine, trendy food, or particularly creative menu items but if you are in the mood for an excellent take on American classic comfort food, this is a great choice in Carmel.

Thank you so much for coming in while you were in town! Hope to see you again soon.