“Great soup, outstanding burger”
Review of Dooley O'Toole's

Dooley O'Toole's
Ranked #60 of 263 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Soups, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Casselberry, Florida
“Great soup, outstanding burger”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in on a cold day for some chicken velvet soup. It was even more delicious than I remembered. (Hadn't been here in a year or so.) I ended up ordering extra servings of the soup to take home.

I also ordered a burger. Either DOT's burgers are incredibly tasty and juicy or I was astonishingly hungry; the burger was fantastic. (I suspect both factors were at work.)

I visited the restaurant at an off hour, so it was quiet and nearly empty. Service was excellent, and my iced tea glass was kept filled.

I'll be back and will probably order the same thing.

1 Thank indyslf

Muncie, Indiana
“Honestly? A 3.5. Good, but didn't live up to its reputation.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Locals recommend this place.
Good, kind of leisurely service from a welcoming and accommodating staff.
Late afternoon visit, un-crowded and pleasant atmosphere at the time of our visit.
Heard the Irish Stew is very good. Didn't try it.
Wife had her usual salmon plate. Teen son had chicken fingers. Both graded their dishes an unenthusiastic ‘okay.’
I, a self-proclaimed Reuben aficionado, had heard good things. It was a near apex sandwich. Cleverly presented and really, really good. I’ll head back for another one day.
Table bread was excellent and my wife and I both agreed our ‘house salads’ were among the freshest and most appealing we've had.
$12 to $20+ pp. More if you imbibe (we didn't).
Recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Benjamin P
Carmel
“Monday favorite”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Dooley's is a favorite neighborhood restaurant. We eat there at least once a month and we have for the past 10 years. Dooley's the kind of place where you can depend on the service and food with a nice small town atmosphere. They have good burgers and sandwiches and their chicken velvet soup is a favorite in the winter.

Dooley's is privately owned and we hope to keep coming back to support them.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank spajnky
Carmel, Indiana
“It's All About the Chicken Velvet Soup”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Dooley's is a nice restaurant. Good (not great) food and very friendly service.

We love the Chicken Velvet soup. That's one thing that is great.

Good taco salad.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chuck11829
Peachtree Corners, Georgia
“Dooley O'Toole's for outrageously good Irish stew!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

And the Irish stew, which is served with delicious warm oat bread and butter and is my favorite order, isn't even the runaway best seller-- the breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches are! The tenderloins and the chicken velvet soup, Irish stew, and Hoosier chili have made this pub a destination stop in Carmel since 1985. It is one of the oldest restaurants in Carmel. Congenial owner Doug Kemp will be celebrating 28 years in business in August. We love the place!

• Visited January 2013