“Great Beer; Cool People; Neat Atmosphere”

Union Brewing Company
Ranked #81 of 262 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 5, 2013

So the beer is good and has great names! I enjoyed the Abby Ro-Ad. The server got me exactly what I wanted. The place is paneled with real barn wood. Very cool. My only issue was lack of food; there was a food truck on site. But my party had to leave to get food.

2  Thank happymallqueen

Reviewed April 26, 2013

You know how you go to a bar/brewery to drink really good beer only to find the same old whites, reds, lights, and IPAs, then you see that they have some specialty beer, which is good, then you see that they have it available as a cask beer, which is even better? Well UBC is even better than that feeling because all their beers are specialty, and all of them are from the cask! This is micro-batch at its best, which means every time you stop in you're in for some new tastes. I was/am especially excited about their commitment to dark beers and am hopeful they don't fall into the trend of making more and more IPAs. I've met the owners numerous times while there (and so will you since they're the ones pouring your beers) and they are great people. Seating is very limited due to a small building, but it's got a nice feel to it and already they have started to build a beer garden right off the Monon Trail. I give them a pre-emptive 5 star rating for outdoor seating for this. I hope for nothing but the best for UBC as they really seem to be bucking many of the other micro-brewery trends out there and producing first rate beers. They also have different food trucks available on-site and hopefully with some expansion can improve on their live music. If you're a beer lover, UBC is can't miss! UBC pints are around $5 and they also have guest taps which I believe are $5.50.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I have been to Union Brewing Company a few times since it opened and love it. They have a variety of beers available; their own UBC beers as well as guest taps from other Indiana breweries. Last time we were in we had the "Honey Boo Boo Child Golden Ale." Loved the name and the beer. The atmosphere is unique and intimate. They are right off the Monon Trail and have garage doors that will be open when the weather gets warmer. Although they do not serve food there, you are able to order from the restaurant down the way (Soho Cafe) and they often have food trucks there to order from. It's a fun date night as well as a good place to meet up with friends. Well done UBC!

1  Thank Jennifer K