“Don't go expecting to use multiple coupons at the same table”
Review of Boombozz Tap House

Boombozz Tap House
Ranked #38 of 259 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Pizza
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go expecting to use multiple coupons at the same table”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

First of all the waitress was a complete idiot. I asked for an angry orchard and her suggestion was for a crispin cider instead. I told her I wasn't a fan and she said "o im sorry, so you don't want anything?" I asked for a glass of white wine instead. Later I opened my menu to see other cider options listed. I was a little upset about that but was able to move on and chalk it up to her not being a cider fan. Food was good but nothing to write home about. We were a group of 2 couples. We wanted to split our check. Each of us had brought a coupon to use toward our bills. The waitress split up the bills then proceeded to come back and tell us we could only us one coupon per table even though it clearly says on the bottom of the coupon "one coupon per check". The manager then proceeded to come out and tell us we would be unable to use more than one but that it is ok because we can use them until the end of the month. Needless to say we were very upset and will not be returning anytime soon. I work in customer service so I am very understanding of mistakes but this just pushed me over the edge. Please be careful.

• Visited August 2013

Indiana
“Good, worth another visit”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were there for an event. Friend rented out the whole place. So we enjoyed a bunch of different apps and a handful of various pizzas. They offered a limited number of beers that night so I didn't really get a feel for how good their beers were. One of their servers did spill a glass of red wine all over my wife's white pants....so that was great. I think he even muttered a "sorry". The pizzas I tried were really quite good...super thin. The place itself was cool. Lots of options in the area, but I will try this place again sometime. Hopefully, we won't get a wine shower next time.

• Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Food was okay, but not the Manager”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We heard that the pizza was awesome at this place so we decided to try it. The pizza was okay, but not outstanding. There are better options for pizza. It looked like they prepared them with a variety of toppings on a Boboli crust. We ordered bread sticks and pretzels as an appetizer and they were good. It was nice to see they had a selection of local craft beers available instead of just the regular big name beers. We tried a couple new craft beers which was a fun experiment. Overall the fun was okay and I would have rated it average, but we watched the shift manager treat an older couple very poorly so I adjusted my rating down to poor. This manager was arguing loudly with this couple about using a coupon. I'm not sure who is right or wrong in that situation but the manager did not use very good customer service skills. His attitiude was very disappointing and not what I would expect from a good restaurant. We will probably not return.

Visited June 2013
Nokomis, Florida
“Great Food -- Excellent atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was with a meeting group and we sampled most of the menu. All was fantastic. There were a few guys loving the beers on tap too (not me :) My favorite was the pretzels -- not what you would expect but melt-in-your mouth great. Excellent place.

Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great pizza, craft beer, and outside dining”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I tried out Boombozz because I had gotten a Living Social deal for it a few months back. We had the pretzel sticks and queso to start and they did not disappoint. The pretzel sticks were tender and the queso had a little kick that was spicy but not too hot. We then had a the BBQ chicken think crust pizza and that was very good as well. The BBQ sauce had a little tang and the crust was perfectly crisp. We enjoyed the extensive craft beer list and tried a bourbon barrel ale and a hard cider, both on draft. The outside seating was a nice option on a gorgeous late spring night. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. We will be back.

• Visited May 2013