“Loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Indiananpolis
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2006

I was very concerned when I looked at the pictures posted of this room. We had planned a night at this hotel for our 6 year wedding anniversary and wanted something clean, spacious and with a jacuzzi. When I first arrived, I was a little nervous. I spoke with the desk attendant and she offered us Wine and strawberries-but the cost was unacceptable for me. I thought it would be complimentary since they kept mentioning how this was special day for us. But no! That's okay because my husband doesn't drink, and we already planned to go out for dinner. The strawberries would've been nice, but they didn't have any in-she wasn't informed of that at the time apparently. These were minor things. I went up to the room to see how it looked and I was impressed. The room looked very well kept and it was obvious the picture online did nothing for this hotel. The bathroom was beautiful. This huge and I mean huge jacuzzi that could've fit 4 people) was perfect for us. I was actually concerned I would need a life jacket inorder to get in. (LOL)
It's not a large bathroom but the jacuzzi also was a shower so the 2 n 1 was perfect. I loved the countertop that curved. The bed spread could've had better colors but it was soft and comfortable. The room temperature was controlled by wall thermometer and worked perfectly. For some reason the prior guest had the air conditioner on and the temp outside was 40 degrees so we quickly turned up the heat. We didn't eat dinner that evening there but did go down for breakfast the next morning. The food was fine-the set up wasn't that great though. The drinks weren't cold and the manager kept saying she would bring us some ice but never did. There was a soccer team staying there so maybe that was the hold up. All in all though, we enjoyed our stay and could see how business travelers would love this hotel. The business center looked nice and the desk in our room was very large. The final thing I want to point out was the alarm clock/radio. This was very nice. They had a button for Rock, Jazz, Pop and Country I believe. This was perfect in setting the mood for our anniversary-the smooth jazz was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Miscee_indy
DoraHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Thank you for staying with us for your anniversary. We offer several great romance packages and are happy to arrange a customized room service package prior to arrival. We are glad to know you loved our extra-large jacuzzi tubs - they really are huge. It sounds like we have some room for improvement with some our services. Please know we are constantly working to improve guest experiences and will use your comments constructively. We hope you will stay with us again in future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2005

Everything was perfect! Made to feel very welcome. Facilities were excellent and staff was very helpful. Restaurant offered a great breakfast. Had room service for dinner--very prompt and tasty. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Just there for a weekend getaway and I would recommend it to anyone. Oh yes, the business center is one of the best I've ever used.

• Stayed December 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you so much for your comments! We tend to agree that we are the best hotel in Carmel, but we may be bias. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#21 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel? Share your experiences!