All reviews stayed here bacon or sausage check in was quick and easy food items two double beds nice hotel oatmeal free breakfast in the morning sitting area front desk staff mini fridge make your own waffles sports teams sleeper sofa complimentary coffee breakfast buffet room was large
Reviewed August 16, 2018

What a great experience! Brenda and Rachelle were beyond excellent. The level of service was that of the Four Seasons hotel chain. Such pride in their jobs and it shows. Our rooms were very clean and the hotel is spotless. They went way out of their way to help us with directions and the hospitality, and concern was noteworthy.

Would stay here in a heartbeat. Close to great restaurants and lots to do. I wish this hotel was in Italy when we were there. Thanks again girls for the great service, we really appreciated it !!!

Room tip: Rooms on south side are very quiet. Ask Brenda for potato chips too.
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We stayed at this hotel while we were relocating from one state to another. This place is really a comfortable place and well connected to different stores, restaurants and mall. It also has a Tesla supercharger just a mile away which is awesome.

The breakfast buffet is well stocked, the manager Stephanie Mason, takes a lot of interest in serving customers and is very proactive in her ways. The staff here is really very friendly and go out of their way to make the stay a memorable one.

We had three vehicles to park and the parking was super safe. The hotel staff almost knows what is happening outside of the hotel as thoroughly as what is going on inside it. We really were super thankful for the same.

We highly recommend this hotel and next chance we have to stay at a hotel in Carmel, will surely choose this location

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Stayed here for son's sporting event nearby. 2 adults, 1 teen boy. There are a lot of hotels that are nearby, and while the stay was OK, for the price paid, there were definitely a few issues that should be improved upon. If we are here again next year, I would at least consider some of the other hotel options slightly north of this hotel.

Good:
+ location (for driving to Grand Park and in the area (however, no sidewalks in area so not good if you like to walk around for exercise... need to head north 1/2 mile for that).
+ Lobby area
+ 2 elevators, never had to wait long
+ breakfast was a little better than some free breakfasts
+ coffee/tea/hot chocolate around the clock
+ wifi didn't have any issues any place in hotel
+ generally quiet (except for room doors)
+ Room had sink, frig, microwave

Improvement:
- Missing comments between Marriott.com reservations and hotel. I had comments in reservation about needing the sofa bed and the linens and extra pillow in the room upon arrival. When they were not there, I went down and asked at the front desk, and was told that the comments from the main reservation site often do not come through. They didn't even ask what I wanted or what they could do to help. Didn't seem to care.
- Extra Pillow - I needed an extra pillow for the sofa bed (which wasn't there due to missing comments from reservation). Front desk said they were out of pillows and did not offer any alternatives. After waiting a minute just to see if they would suggest anything, I then asked if the hotel was full, or if they could get one from a nearby Marriott (there are 2 close by). The woman seemed annoyed, but had me wait and she showed up 2 min later with a pillow and case. It was not a good pillow (and she admitted it), but better than nothing so I took it. She acted more like she wanted me to go away an not try and resolve the problem. Poor customer service for this price point.
- Doors - probably the loudest door latching of any hotel I've stayed at in years (maybe ever?). It doesn't do any good to have a quiet hotel if you wake up with all the doors closing in your hallway. This alone would have me look elsewhere.
- Rooms - strange layout, OK, but chair at desk was not no wheels. Hard to move around. Also, desk had lamp and outlets for computer cords/phone plug in, but not any standard outlet. I had to unplug the lamp to plug in my PC. There was not any open standard outlet plug.
- Sofa bed/trundle - So I wasn't expecting a twin trundle bed. I saw another review that was negative. If you have 2 people to sleep on this, I don't have any ideas. However, if there is only 1 (in this case I was sleeping on it), then here's what I did, that actually made it pretty comfortable: Take the back pillows off the sofa. Take the mattress out of the trundle area and put it on top of the sofa (with the pillows from the sofa under the mattress). When you do this, the mattress is now supported by the pillows, so it's softer, and it's higher like a bed. It is even with arms of sofa, so will support taller people than just if you leave it in the trundle. I'm 5'7" and it was fine.

Room tip: If more than 2 people - look at reviews on trundle bed - may not work for you
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Ben M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thank you ohiofamily2014 for this review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the compliments and positive remarks regarding the location, hotel, and accommodations. Also, I appreciate your feedback regarding our service interaction(s) when interacting during your request for the pillow. This is a simple request and we should be more accommodating. Also, we will look at the quality and make an improvement there. Additionally, thank you for explaining your thoughts on the room layout and the recommendation on the Trundle Bed. Anything that helps us improve so we can provide a great experience for our guests is appreciated. Thanks and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are visiting Carmel.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

We stayed here based on its proximity to Grand Park for a baseball tournament. The hotel is nice, check in was quick and easy.
The room was fine, the bed was comfortable. Had two great nights of sleep.

If i was going to nit pick, just need some better cleaning in the elevators and the hallways.

Breakfast in the morning was standard fare, but well stocked.

All in all, good stay, no issues.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Ben M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you MichiganBoots for taking time to provide feeback on your recent stay with us. Also, we will use this to improve our public area cleaning. Thanks for your kind remarks on the location, accommodations, and breakfast experience. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are visiting Carmel. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

This Springhill in Carmel, IN is in a good location near lots of restaurants, shopping, youth sports facilities, etc. It looks recently renovated and is very clean. When I booked two rooms for myself, my husband, and three teenage boys, I did so under the impression that each room had two double beds and a sofabed, as stated in the room description on the Marriott site. However, there is no sofabed. Instead, there is a literal trundle bed that slides out from beneath the couch. I’ve never seen this at any other hotel. The mattress is slightly smaller than a twin, less than six feet long, and is surrounded by a wooden frame. Two of our boys are six feet tall and the other is 6’6”. None could fit on the trundle bed. The double beds are also small - short in length - so there was no putting two people in a double bed either. I’m 5’7” and it was just about too small for me. Very uncomfortable. If I had known about this, I wouldn’t have booked rooms at this hotel. So...the moral of the story is beware of the trundle bed if you have peoople traveling with you who are 5’6” or taller.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Nmk3
Ben M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Nmk3,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I understand bed comfort and getting a good night's sleep are critical to your overall satisfaction when staying in our hotel. We will work with our brand team to see what options we have to provide a more comfortable bedding experience for our guests. Thanks again for your feedback and feel free to reach out to me direct if I can further assist you.

Ben M